There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Wolf Directory

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 08:19 PM by TheNormalGuy Edit Reason: spelling ("shot lived" ----> short lived] )

Wolf #36F [Original and Only Alpha Female of the very short lived Lone Star Pack]

a.    1996 Arrivals
b.    113 lbs as alpha female
c.     Released April 5 1996, exit April 5
d.    Original Lone Star Member and first alpha female
e.    Found dead 9-10 days after release, probably from thermal burns on April 14th 1996 near Lone Star Geyser, YNP

Recap
ID : #36F
Sex : Female
Color : Black
Lifespan in Yellowstone : April 5th 1996-April 14th 1996 (9-10 days in Yellowstone)
Weight at release : 113 lbs as alpha female
Status in Lone Star Pack : First and Only Alpha Female (April 5th- April 14th 1996)
Mate : 35M

36F (Lone Star Geyser, YNP) (April 14th 1996)

"Wolf #36F was found dead of probable thermal burns on April 14th"

Source : Yellowstone Wolf Project Annual Reports (1995 and 1996)

*This image is copyright of its original author

Photo Credit : Lone Star Geyser 2016, Roy Marino

[i]More informations about this geyser since we are talking about it : [/i]

First Described [Well in written notes I mean] in 1872 by Ferdinand Vandeveer Hayden Geological Survey.

This particular man is one of the most important man in The Yellowstone History

Type : Cone Geyser

Eruption Intervals : 3 h

Eruption Duration : 30 min

Eruption Height : 35-40 feet (11-12 meters)

Source : Wikipedia and Geysers-Upper Geyser Basin

Source of these informations : Yellowstone Wolf Projects Annual Reports

(1995 and 1996)

(The link to the Wolf Annual Reports is in the first post of the thread)

*Edit of this post will come in shorter or later moments after the 1996 reintroduced wolves are done (26F-42F) !*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note* : I transferred this thread to my forum : The Domain of the Wolf and updated and added many informations from the multiples sources I red. Hope it is understandable.  Also, there is a problem with the spacing between texts sometimes which i can't fix. Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause.

Although all the informations are based from my review, searches and documentation of my searches on the Internet, some informations can be, and are, inaccurate due to new papers coming out, new genetics analyses, etc etc.
3 users Like TheNormalGuy's post

Messages In This Thread
Yellowstone Wolf Directory - TheNormalGuy - 03-15-2020, 06:10 PM
RE: Yellowstone Wolf Directory - TheNormalGuy - 03-19-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: Yellowstone Wolf Directory - peter - 04-05-2020, 05:54 AM
RE: Yellowstone Wolf Directory - sanjay - 04-12-2020, 08:23 AM
RE: Yellowstone Wolf Directory - Spalea - 08-14-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: Yellowstone Wolf Directory - peter - 12-16-2020, 09:57 PM
RE: Yellowstone Wolf Directory - sanjay - 12-16-2020, 10:22 PM
RE: Yellowstone Wolf Directory - peter - 12-24-2020, 02:36 PM