There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-05-2015, 02:38 AM by Pckts )

(02-05-2015, 01:05 AM)'Dithoo' Wrote: Hi Pckts,

Last time I was in Terai, in Dudhwa and Kisanpur.
I have seen 2 tigers. 
One male, but far, and the grass was high, because at the end of winter in Terai.
Second was a female, probably 8/9 years old. She charge my jeep and stop at 1 meter. It was a long story. Funny of story was my driver 18 years old, first to work as driver and first sighting of tiger. He was blocked by the fear. After the safari, he stop this job...

I was going 4 times in Corbett, 1 in Kaziranga, 1 in Manas, 1 in Nameri,...
In Corbett I had seen several tigers, many are shy, but for these tigers, no are very big as on "your" pictures.
On all my sightings in India, bigger are Shivajy and Bamera.
My last trip in India was in November 2014. I find Ustad T24 very big, with stomac full. 

In my library on tigers I Have seen a very, very big tiger in an old book of Fateh Singh Rathore. Just one photo without note or name. In my memory this tiger was like "your" Kaziranga tiger. 

Sorry to search this, because I have many books, but if I find, I can scan and post to you. 

I add for this tiger, It seem like a zoo tiger, fat and not handsome. A body very massive, not a beautiful face. It was in Ranthambore. It was not the famous Genghis.
I think in the future, T72 Sultan, will be a big boss. He charge my jeep in December. He is aggressive with jeep. It is a nice tiger as my favorite Ustad.

Interesting, I have heard of Shivaji being very large but Bamera as being not quite as large as others.
Kanwar has told me that Corbett and Kaziranga are by far the largest male tigers he has seen.
T72 looks to be a monster and I know they claimed that Ustaad was just tranq'd and weighed 240kg after being sick. I have also heard he is massive but T28 may be the largest tiger in Ranth?

If you were to rank tigers in size of what you have seen,park by park, how would you do so?

Kaziranga
Corbett
Terai Arc
Ranthabhore
Tadoba
Kahna
Bandhavargh
Bandipur

Sorry if this confuses you, I wasn't sure which parks you have visited.

In regards to the Captive Tigers comment, you are absolutely correct. Captive tigers are poor representations of their wild counterparts, they are so hybridized and inbred, its taken a toll on them. Especially 99% of what you see, are actually "N. American Tigers" that are bred through unauthorized breeders for strictly a profit and not the well being or conservation of any big cats.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Pckts - 02-05-2015, 01:53 AM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 11-29-2023, 02:23 PM