There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

Greatearth Offline
Banned

(05-12-2021, 04:10 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: two different tigers with different roles, ultimately the goal was the same. to rule and spread their legendary genes. T3 was a tiger that was introduced to Panna with the intention of growing the tiger population since the original gene-pool went locally extinct. he played a huge part for Panna, a legend in his own right. in his beginning days, T3 for years had almost no competition since there wasn’t any other tigers around. Bajrang came from a park where most sub-adults are hardly ever seen in their adult stages. competition is far more fierce, higher density of tigers. larger population means more conflict for space, which for the most part has been limited everywhere in Tadoba. despite all the odds, Bajrang has remained a force for quite sometime. he has been seen around majority of the territories known to us. from Moharli, Teliya, Junona buffer, Dewada buffer, Jamni, Khutwanda, Wagdoh area, Fire line and all the way to Kolara buffer. each of these areas are ruled by multiple females but there is one male that rules it all. with the exception of Kolara buffer. Bajrang has ruled all those areas and has a record of mating with 8 different females in the same season. for him to turn up with 50+ cubs is far more impressive than what T3 has done. even by numbers. Bajrang has him beat. 2014-2021 (this is all the time, it took for a male to sire 50 + cubs in one of the busiest park vs T3, who has been around since late 2009 and has a official record of siring close to 36-40 cubs since 2009-2021. it’s not even close. if Bajrang has a couple more seasons left in him. he will be setting new records.

Quote:Would Panna make the remarkable comeback without T3? you know the answer

who knows, T3 was randomly selected for the project and he turned out to be a spectacular specimen. capable of pulling it off and i have no doubt, if given the chance. any other male could’ve probably pulled it off. you can’t underestimate tigers. each individual has a lot to offer if given the opportunity. just my two cents. 

I agree with you. Betal/T3 was just extremely lucky. Not try to disagree Ashutosh, but I don't know T3's life was so perfect if he stayed in Pench. ST4 and ST6 in Sariska also competed each other unlike T3 was the only reintroduced male in Panna. I didn't even know that T3 had more than 40 cubs while he just stayed there as 1 introduced male. Most of his cubs don't really have to compete against further tigers (non family) unlike other reserves. It's pity that tigers like Umarpani, Chota Munna, Khali, Raja, Mangu, Banka and many great tigers don't succeed well unlike lucky T3. I am not going to talk about Madla or Hairyfoot and their offspring since tigers were extinct in Panna. Sauraha tiger in Chitwan also had more than 40 cubs. He was lucky too since there was not many big tigers like him in his time (I am not sure about this 100% since it was difficult to study tigers back then), but his life wasn't easy like T3. This guy had a simple life because of humans since we act as a god to wild animals today. I wished scientists picked Bamera or Rajaram or Chota Munna or Bheema or Veeru to reintroduce program in Panna along with female tigers in Pench and other reserve in central India instead of T3 and their sisters. If we look 1] Poor captive tigers in Southeast Asia because of Chinese and Vietnamese. 2] All of demolished animals in Asia and Africa (not just tigers) because of western europeans' killings during the early 20th century. 3] Today's South China tiger even though they lived across China. T3 definitely lived perfect life thanks to humans. This is the same for human world too. Bill Gates' kids. Some of my friends from secondary schools who's appeared in World Cup, NBA and MLB. Not any of sport players will become like Michael Jordan or Messi even though they were more athletic than normal people. Why would Edison was so jealous and tried to bully natural genius like Tesla. If Albert Einstein, Issac Newton, Charles Darwin, Charles Lyell, and other great scientists were born in Africa, then they would just live and died like other Africans from civil wars, slavery, wild animals and other factors. Life is UNFAIR, but that's just the way of this world is.

What was the exact size of T3? Because I heard T3 is average size in Pench, but he is the biggest Panna tiger. If T3 was around 240 kg, then he couldn't be average size in Pench too. How about his length, height, and body dimensions?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Greatearth - 05-22-2021, 02:47 AM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 11-29-2023, 02:23 PM