There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed 
Male tiger konda's true death reason?

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 05:17 AM by Apollo )

(07-24-2014, 12:45 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 08:02 PM)'Apollo' Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 06:35 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 02:55 AM)'Apollo' Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 01:59 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: It does and it doesn't, no links to any eye witnesses saying that, and no eye witnesses of any fight between them. Multiple photographers specifically stating different things, none of which state how he was killed. Just because a tiger is dominate over his sons or challengers one day doesn't mean he will forever, especially in a 2 year time frame.

In regards to Munna, there is definitely no over exageration, he is a massive tiger. Not up for debate, to many photos, videos and eye witness accounts confirm it. Just use your eyes, he massive.

How many territorial fights have really been viewed between tigers ?
The answer is very very few.

Have anyone seen B2 vs Bokha, Bamera vs Bokha, Mukunda vs Bokha, Waghdoh vs Yeda anna, Raja vs Agasthya, T42 vs T36 etc etc fights 
No not at all.
But these fights were found based on clues, time frame, location, injuries etc
Many people said that Konda was killed by his sons, because initially many thought Link 7 brothers were Konda's son (but they were not).
Some said it was Pattewala male but unforunately he was not seen around the crime scene.
Konda ruled Kisli from 2004 to 2008 till his death.

I haven't seen anybody say he was killed by his two sons, I have seen many people say he was killed by his "son" or another Tiger or Munna. 
Always one tiger, so that all I can go off of, and that is why I don't think he was killed by "both sons" who you named, If you have any of these people names and link to them saying he was killed by his two sons, I would love to see them.

Let me make it simple for you.
Both Link 7 brothers were intially thought to be Konda's son. 
Both Link 7 brothers were in that area before and after Konda's death.
Both Link 7 brothers settled in Kisli after Konda's death.
And after some time the dominant male (Bhima) kicked out his brother Arjun (collared one) from Kisli.
Arjun then moved to Kanha meadows.
Bhima became the dominant male in Kisli (not Munna or Pattewala, so as claimed by your sources if Munna or Pattewala had killed Konda then they should have taken over his territory and not the Link 7 brothers).
People started calling Bhima the son who killed the father (Konda).

So the point to remember here is that both brothers were together during Konda's death and they got seperated later.

Regarding Munna, he is a big male tiger. I never said he is a small tiger.
But his size was over exaggerated by the diehard Munna fans.
They try to make Munna a Ngandong tiger.

Once again though, spotting one brother, two brothers etc. has nothing to do with how konda died. All photographers I have seen have specifically said one male, brother or rival male. Lastly another said it is still unknown and there have been many wrong theories.
To try and say such a rare event happened with out a single person backing this claim, is wrong.
So there is 0 evidence to back any claim of him dying at the hands of his two sons, that is fact until proven otherwise.

Next, there is no "over exageration," The photos speak for themselves, the videos as well. Not even including the numerous eye witness accounts of people saying Munna is massive. Whethere you want to believe them about him being the largest tiger in Kahn or not, he is massive.
Not debatable, there is not a single account that deny's that, but there are tons that back it.
Nobody here has seen Munna, not Copters, me, you or anybody else, the only people that can speak of him are the ones that have seen him. I refuse to accept anybody elses opinion over theres, Im sorry, but that is unreasonable to do so.

Regarding Konda's death Ive said what happened from my part.
Its upto you to decide what you want

Regarding Munna's size
Saying Munna weighs in 360 to 410Kg is overexaggerating
Saying Munna stands 120cm at the shoulders is overexaggerating

Messages In This Thread
RE: Konda's true death? - Roflcopters - 07-23-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Konda's true death? - Pckts - 07-23-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Konda's true death? - Roflcopters - 07-23-2014, 01:03 AM
RE: Konda's true death? - Pckts - 07-23-2014, 01:11 AM
RE: Konda's true death? - Apollo - 07-23-2014, 01:12 AM
RE: Konda's true death? - Pckts - 07-23-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: Konda's true death? - Apollo - 07-23-2014, 02:09 AM