There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Thread Closed 
Overrated size of Munna aka Langda of Kanha National Park

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Quote:Exactly. Eye witness accounts are not data.
Simple logic that Pckts doesn't seem to understand, explains why i was messing with him for so long. 

LOL, what DATA have you shown? What "logic" are you portraying?
Where is Waghoh's weight?
Where is Bamera's weight?
Where is Munna's weight?
What are the average tiger weights in Tadoba compared to Kahna?
You have no logic. There is a big difference, you are arguing to not be wrong. You have'nt shown a single shred of evidence to back anything you say.
While I have shown numerous eye witnesses all speaking of Munna's large size.
Compared to what I have shown, you have no leg to stand on.

I love that you try to act like you're devils advocate, but the only reason you resort to name calling is because you are not smart enough to rebuttal with actual data or proof or you simply don't have any.

Amnon-
You didn't answer my question,
Is what Valmik and Corbett say, not Data?
Have you never used anything they have said to prove a point or debate?
They are not numerical data, but they certainly are DATA.

Data means
  1. facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis.
    synonyms:FACTS, figures, statistics, DETAILS, particulars, specifics; Moreinformation, intelligence, material, input; informalinfo "a lack of data on the drug's side effects"
    • Computingthe quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, being stored and transmitted in the form of electrical signals and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media.
    • Philosophythings known or assumed as facts, making the basis of REASONING or calculation.

This all applys, and DATA collected from numerous eye witnesses to come to a "assumed fact or Reasoning"
      When a tiger is observed for two months, and the tiger kills 2 bears in that time frame, the information taken from that is used as data for coming to a conclusion on how often tigers attack bears as predation. (just a example)

You can call it "raw data" or even "Experimental Data""Data as an abstract concept can be viewed as the lowest level of abstraction, from which information and then knowledge are derived.Raw data, i.e., unprocessed data, refers to a collection of numbers, characters and is a relative term; data processing commonly occurs by stages, and the "processed data" from one stage may be considered the "raw data" of the next. Field data refers to raw data that is collected in an uncontrolled in situ environment. Experimental data refers to data that is generated within the context of a scientific investigation by observation and recording.The word "data" used to be considered as the plural of "datum", but now is generally used in the singular, as a mass noun.[sup][2][/sup]"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Overrated size of Munna aka Langda of Kanha National Park - Pckts - 08-21-2014, 09:47 PM