There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Megalodon possibly looked like

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@Apex Titan 

You told at the previous post New studies have shown that the megalodon occupied the absolute highest position in the food-chain " and so on...

Which ones ? I don't want to be a negationist of the Megalodon's power, but allow me to be a little bit sceptic. I believe we don't stop to overestimate its power. For example in the next "Megalodon 2" movie (with Jason Statham), we clearly see at the beginning that the mid-length of the t.-rex swallowed by the meg barely reaches the width of the jaws. Thus in this movie it's clearly spoken about a 50 meters-long megalodon.

Even on wikipedia we can read " While regarded as one of the largest and most powerful predators to have ever lived, the megalodon is only known from fragmentary remains, and its appearance and maximum size are uncertain ". What are the proofs of the megalodon existenz ? Its teeth only. It's a shark, therefore a cartilaginous fish. Therefore, correct me if I am wrong, but we have never discover an entire megalodon's skeleton. Thus we are ceaselessly speculate about its size, and of course its apex-predatory abilities or capacities. What are the proofs that the biggest whales of the Pliocene period were constantly hunted, and slaugthered, by the megalodon ? Crushed bones ?

Believe me I don't want to denigrate or destroy the apex predator myth. Megalodon was an apex predator. But even an apex predator can be wounded or even killed against a big and huge opponent. Never, during the life on Earth history, an apex predator spent its whole life wiping out its preys and rivals (other predators) as you seem to describe it. Life on Earth isn't an uninterrupted killing game... Except for the human being today, but we will pay for that (abuses, atrocities and so on) ! If the megalodon have ruled into the sea during so much time (20 millions years ?), thus you can be sure it didn't spend its time slaughtering the marine life.

For your pleasure:

And to finish this post with a joke, we never cease to overinflationate some fantasized ghost's power. It's a clinical need for our so childish and pitiful human specy. Thus even the meg can be depicted as a poor sardine for the most super supra mega creature ever imagined by the man: Godzilla !

Let us be serious: animal life is amazing, fascinating, exciting but only because there has never been absolute master (monster ?) of the food chain like the extant human specy : lethal industry, constant destruction of the wild biotops, massive vaccination and poisoning and so on.
2 users Like Spalea's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Megalodon possibly looked like - Spalea - 06-16-2023, 02:28 PM