There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carnivorous dinosaurs other than the famous t-rex and spinosaurus..

JurassicDD Offline

(12-22-2019, 07:10 PM)DinoFan83 Wrote: I didn't mean Franoys' information was not factual (if it sounded like that, my bad). All of the skeletals, including Franoys's, are perfectly reasonable depending on interpretation of data, and there are many different ways to interpret the given data especially when there is not much of it. I believe SpinoInWonderland even elaborated on that and pointed it out that when he made his skeletal.
The issue is people assuming Franoys' estimates are set in stone. None of them are. Not even SIW's.

Also, what's the matter with SIW's skeletal? If I recall correctly, when I had this discussion on the discord it was something along the lines of all of them being on the table and that they are better than the 14 tonne Carch that Therrein got.

You have been going off on Franoys work for a while now though. You keep stating his work is just one way to look at it and his work is two conservative. Franoys work is pure and simply the most accurate work we have right now and it is by far the most accurate work we have had on the internet for a long time. You keep using work that was being used from years ago that the paleo community created and used years ago we have moved past that stuff now you keep bringing it back up because you prefer it over the latest estimates.

Nothing is set in stone but right now there is nothing at all that shows the work from Franoys is inaccurate or too conservative. His results are frequently very similar to the results published in the most current literature. Look at his Giganotosaurus holotype.
Franoys has got it at 12.2 m and it masses 6840 kg. This mass estimated is coherent with other mass estimations published for the Giganotosaurus holotype specimen (Mazzeta et al 2004; 6510 kg, Campione et al. 2014; 6349 kg, Seebacher 2001; 6,594.8 kg) why is this? because Franoys uses the most current literature to create his work.

*This image is copyright of its original author

It's simple and has been said to you countless times now if you want the most accurate work when it comes to these animals go with Fran. I know you won't agree and will ignore everything that is said to you. But this is more for anyone that is reading this and is interested in getting the best info when it comes to these animals.

1 user Likes JurassicDD's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carnivorous dinosaurs other than the famous t-rex and spinosaurus.. - JurassicDD - 12-23-2019, 01:30 AM