There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carnivorous dinosaurs other than the famous t-rex and spinosaurus..

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 12-16-2019, 02:11 AM by GuateGojira )

(12-12-2019, 01:45 AM)DinoFan83 Wrote: @GuateGojira 

I know this is late, but regarding scaling MCF-PVPH-108.145 from the 10.2 meter, 3.3 tonne individual, the 7.6-7.8 tonnes has a hole in it. That makes for a CONSIDERABLY more gracile animal than what Franoys gives (to be fair it is a juvenile as I said earlier, so it's got to be beefed up if it's being used for scaling), and scaling up from a 10.2 meter Mapusaurus which is in turn scaled down from Franoys' Mapu gives ~9.1 tonnes.
I would lean more towards 8.5 however given how much food a 9.1 tonne predator would require.

That is completelly incorrect. The biggest Mapusaurus was at best about 6,950 kg based in the calculations of Franoys and that is the BIGGEST specimen found so far, from a considerable large sample. So no, the only carnivore dinosaur at this moment that can reach a figure of c.9 tons is Tyrannosaurus rex. I leave the image of Franoys for example:

*This image is copyright of its original author

I already saw your posts in the topic of "Size Comparison" and you constantly use incorrect information about all the animals and downgrade T. rex at any oportunity with no reason, that is not fair and obviously shows a bias agains that animal. @JurassicDD already told you this, now I told you this too. Besides, about the comparison images you are using incorrect methods to scale the animals, it is not to enlarge them, you need to see if all the dimentions match. Example of this is your comparion between the jaguar and the Orinoco crocodile, which shows a croc with a skull of more than 1 meter, which is incorrect.
3 users Like GuateGojira's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carnivorous dinosaurs other than the famous t-rex and spinosaurus.. - GuateGojira - 12-16-2019, 02:08 AM