There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 04-18-2023, 06:23 PM by Roflcopters )

*This image is copyright of its original author

Bajrang of Bandhavgarh, one of the Central India legend.

King Bajrang, son of legendary Bheem.

Bajrang is one of the most fascinating contemporaries in #Bandhavgarh. He is the son of Legendary Bheem and Darha Female. He is one of the biggest males in the park and arguably has the biggest territory of any male tiger in the tourism zones. 

Our data extrapolation based on sightings and traditional game trails used by tigers estimates the size of his home range to be between 100 and 125 sq.km. And he also used one of the waterhole sites built by us. 

Unfortunately Bajrang’s territory criss crosses many villages and he relies too heavily on cattle as easy prey, which I pray does not bring him to his demise like many other tigers before him. 

Take a look at my field notes for some really cool information that you may not find anywhere else.

post by : Suyash Keshari. Feb/2023

family tree of Bajrang. 

Jamhol male of Bandhavgarh. March/2023

DB3 seen with injuries, Mukki zone. April/2023

Neela Nala male. April/2023

T46/Baisanghat. April/2023

Mowgli. April/2023

Chotusa Mowgli. April/2023

Chotusa Mowgli with K Mark female. K mark is the daughter of Khali and Madhuri. April/2023

Yuvraj. April/2023

Bajrang seen with injuries. April/2023

T17/Bhanuskindi female

The wounded mother lies behind and the two Siblings  look into each other's eyes with astonishment as if asking what will happen to our future.  

post by : Subodh Singh Hada. April/2023

The Tears of Jamni — Story of a Missing Tiger Cub

Choti  Tara, a legendary tigress from the circuit clan of Tadoba was spotted  with her 5th litter, this time a single cub, when the park opened after  the monsoons in October 2022. Sired by the young intruder Yuvraj, this  male cub and his mother were spotted several times and delighted safari  enthusiasts with their antics. During my recent visit to the woods of  Tadoba in March 2023, on one of my full-day game drives, I too was  blessed with their sighting and spent hours watching and photographing  the duo. When first spotted, the mother and baby were sleeping inside  the thickets, shielding themselves from the hot sun. Their refuge was  near a natural water body and a visit to the latter upon waking up which  would bring them into plain view was expected. We decided to wait.  Summers in Tadoba are scorching and March temperatures rise up to 45  degrees Celsius. Those of us who go on full-day safaris in these  temperatures are fully aware of the uncomfortable, tan-inducing, long  waits that are part of the game. Our wait began at about 10 AM and as  the hot winds seemed to slow down the passage of time, there was no sign  of the mother and cub waking up. We hung around patiently but two and a  half hours later we had exhausted the supply of water and buttermilk  that our resort had provided us at the start of the safari. We decided  to go to the gate to replenish our stock but before leaving,  intuitively, I asked our driver to move slightly ahead to check if there  was any movement. Just as we advanced a little, I saw the 6–7-month-old  let out a little yawn — he was waking up! The water-refilling trip to  the gate would have to have wait — we couldn’t risk missing an  opportunity to photograph the duo!

To  our surprise, even as the Mother continued sleeping, the cub stepped  out from behind the bushes and looked straight at us! That is a sight  then has been imprinted indelibly in my mind and will always stay close  to my heart! Just as my friend Shyam, his wife Jayashree and I were  discussing how handsome this little feline was and how grateful we were  for having spotted him, we noticed the mother arising from her slumber. A  trip to the water body with her son was now inevitable, so I asked our  driver to position the gypsy strategically to get some good shots of  them in one frame. The picture posted here is the culmination of a  3-hour-long patient wait in the blazing sun! Over the next hour, the  mother-son duo very graciously granted us several photographic  opportunities before they headed back to the bushes. Only then did we  realize how thirsty we were and drove off to the gate to refill our  water bottles.

That  evening we had a phenomenal sighting of Queen Maya and Rudra but it was  the endearing moments that this cub and his mother had presented us  that had stolen our hearts. We left Tadoba the next day but I continued  to inquire about Choti Tara and her cub, asking my driver and guide for  their updates. In the week following our return, she was seen with her  cub and surprisingly, with the cub of her daughter Bijili. The trio was  photographed playing in a water body and although wildlife experts were  excited by this uncommon scene they were not able to explain this  unusual tiger behavior.

But  alas, little did anyone know the happy scenes were meant to be  short-lived. Over the next two days, Choti Tara was found patrolling her  area, incessantly calling out to her cub. She looked tired, pacing from  one end of her territory to the other. The inference that wildlife  experts have drawn from this behavior is that she had lost her baby. The  cause of death remains unknown.

Much  like the grief of Mother Mary that echoed in the streets of Jerusalem  when Jesus was crucified, this summer the meadows of Jamni will  reverberate with the cries of Choti Tara. I have choked on emotions and  fought back tears whilst processing this image and penning this  write-up. The cub is gone but he has left me with memories that I will  cherish for a lifetime.

post by : Amal George. April/2023

W for Central India.

male tiger from Dhikala, Corbett. April/2023

T120/Ganesh of Ranthambore. April/2023

male tiger from Chitwan. March/2023

Scarface of Dudhwa. April/2023

male tiger from Bandipur. April/2023
6 users Like Roflcopters's post

Messages In This Thread
ST2 tigress of sariska - Rage2277 - 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Backwater male march 2014 - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 10:00 AM
big male from nepal - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Backwater male may 014 - Rage2277 - 05-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Mahaman subadult may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Lyla T41 may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-25-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 04-18-2023, 06:21 PM
Big Kaziranga Tiger - sanjay - 04-05-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Apollo - 04-12-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Apollo - 04-13-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Wanderfalke - 04-13-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Pckts - 04-15-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Pckts - 10-05-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Roflcopters - 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Pckts - 10-11-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Wagdoh - Pantherinae - 06-05-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: Bamera - Pantherinae - 06-05-2015, 02:56 AM
RE: Munna - Pantherinae - 06-05-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: Bamera - Tshokwane - 06-05-2015, 03:03 AM