There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheetah Predation

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Cheetah's killing Kudu Bull

Cheetah Killing Kudu Bull @4:50
3 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

5 cheetah coalition hunt

5 users Like Sully's post

bigcatlover Offline

3 users Like bigcatlover's post

BorneanTiger Offline
Contributor

3 cheetahs hunting the biggest extant bird:

2 users Like BorneanTiger's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 11:51 AM by johnny rex )

Cheetahs, in fact, are really strong although their bodies are much leaner and slimmer than the other big cats. Here is a cheetah trying to kill a bull kudu.

3 users Like johnny rex's post

United States Styx38 Offline
Banned

Asiatic Cheetah with Urial kill.

*This image is copyright of its original author

source: https://twitter.com/MSFarhadinia/status/971312922977808386
1 user Likes Styx38's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Mark Dumbleton: " I found two male Cheetah drinking at the Rooiputs waterhole in the Kgalagadi mid-morning in December 2012, the hottest time of year. They looked quite active and I decided to stay with them. Plenty of new born Springbok were in the area, and I was sure they would hunt down some of these youngsters.

The Cheetah moved about 500m south of the Rooiputs waterhole, and killed a stray baby Springbok on the eastern ridge of the Nossob River bed. They began eating the baby in the shade of a tree, when a mother Springbok and her newborn wandered over the ridge towards the two feeding Cheetah.
In no time, the two Cheetah left their kill and chased the mother and her calf behind my car, catching the baby about 10m away from me. The cries from the baby Springbok sent shivers down my spine, intensifying the experience of a fragile battle for life and death. It was an incredible experience, and to be able to photograph the drama so close to me was a moment I will never forget."

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Fabrizio bignotti: " Racing. Few days ago in masaimara. "

Wildanimal Lover

Thomas Vilayan: " Flying Cheetah!

Was breathtaking to photograph this cheetah which was flying out of very tall grass to bring down the Topi, I couldn’t see anything other than the grass moving till it jumped out. "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " One more time when a sub adult spoilt the chances of a successful hunt. We saw this mother intently walking towards a herd of antelopes followed by her three subadult cubs. They walked quite a distance to cover the gap before the antelopes noticed them. But one of the subadults couldn’t contain its urge to dash towards the prey and ended up chasing the antelopes "

Wildanimal Lover

Thomas Vilayan: " Final leap! "

Wildanimal Lover

Zhayynn James: " Gazelle fawns are usually left to hide in the low ground cover, lying still and silent to avoid detection by predators. This cheetah was hunting a small herd of gazelle , unaware of the presence of the fawn and was mid-way through the hunt when this fawn spooked and ran. The cheetah changed tack and chased down the fawn, with little effort. This photograph was the moment when the cheetah tapped the gazelle and brought it down. Checkmate. "

Sanju Offline

2 users Like Sanju's post

Wildanimal Lover

Sachin Rai: " The gap between life and death! This Impala was brought down by the famous cheetah from Masai Mara called Malaika in a matter of seconds and she finished eating the entire animal with the help of three subadult cubs in less than half hour. "

Malaysia scilover Offline

(06-24-2020, 12:14 PM)Sanju Wrote:

It looks like the cheetah ate its kill already and was full. Look at its belly. I guess it didn't bothered about the warthogs eating its leftovers.