There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lion and Tiger Fight Interaction in Zoo, Circus or Any Other Captive Places

United States paul cooper Offline
Banned

(02-23-2019, 10:25 AM)Spalea Wrote: @Rishi :

About #49: you said " She answers in a casual manner... But i think that is actually a really good explanation of their behaviour! (plus her credentials would gives her opinions significance) "

Well, when I answered "Comic and caricatured", I didn't think or say it was wrong. Male lion behaves as if the tiger belongs to the group he has in charge, OK... Caricatured because I am not sure that the lion is such a command maniac. I said that the lion gauged and tested the tiger but, IMO, doesn't want too push too far his "pride leader" status (because this striped guy has very powerful paws !...).  Thus doesn't absolutely want to put the pressure on the tiger like in this dialog/dialogue.

It just sums up how the two animals live together. I have no clue why you taking it so seriously, that isnt something that happens every minute of the day. She is just saying what the animals do when they interact. It sends a message and that message hurts people that are deep into myth.

The tiger has no option but to let the lion eat and wait to get fed by the keeper (as the tiger knows that it will get fed, they arent competing for the food). What is going to happen? You cant expect the tiger to fight. If the tiger is being starved, then he will fight to kill the lion, tigers dont live in same social dynamics as lions and are solitary animals. Again.. read Kizmans post, that is basically what she is trying to say.
3 users Like paul cooper's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lion and Tiger Fight Interaction in Zoo, Circus or Any Other Captive Places - paul cooper - 02-23-2019, 02:17 PM