There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Forests of Dooars, North Bengal

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(01-19-2019, 08:27 PM)Rishi Wrote: Continuation of previous post...

They kept loitering in the clearing & slowly inching outside to the pond.  

*This image is copyright of its original author

Then two elephants came out from behind them. One looked to be an old female & other it's daughter. The was a young male calf.

The gaurs hurried up a bit & soon occupied the salt-lick.

At full zoom, i could see a little something between the two females!

They approached warily, waiting for the gaurs to disperse by themselves, who had two little calves of their own, prancing around all over the place...

...challenging the pigs.

Finally the gaurs were moved/shoved aside & i could finally see the little one, maybe born last year only.

At this time a massive elephant, which looked like an old male that'd lost both his tusks, walked by briskly & vanished in the forests to the left.
The male calf kept a respectful distance...

At this time it started getting dark because the sun had set. We called it a day (what a day!) & headed back.

Our guide was the one especially impressed by or luck. We literally had "almost everything that could be seen" come out & pose infront of us one by one, in only 2 hours.
Leopards, whose population have exploded since loss of tigers in the 60s, eluded us though. Or maybe not... most of the times, i wouldn't even know if i were looking directly at one.

I hope a rhino was waiting for me at Jaldapara National Park, our next destination.

@Rishi 
Thanks for sharing your great experience and pictures of marvelous animals
1 user Likes epaiva's post

Messages In This Thread
In Forests of Dooars, North Bengal - Rishi - 01-01-2019, 03:48 PM
RE: In Forests of Dooars, North Bengal - epaiva - 01-19-2019, 09:15 PM