There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

Poll: Do you support lion translocation from Gir to Kuno Palpur?
Absolutely!
No.
On the fence...
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Asiatic Lion Reintroduction Project

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 10:26 PM by Amnon242 )

(03-31-2015, 02:24 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: I disagree witht the statement that the Tiger would "ambush or watch"
That is not what a tiger does from the fights i have seen, it makes its presence known. It roars, scent marks and confronts.
When a Tiger fights, it never "ambushes" they meet face to face, size each other up then they fight. I have seen the same ritual from lions, so I assume the "rules of engagement" are the same.

Im not sure what you mean by "tigers have law amongst them"

For instance the behaviour of tigers in (before) combat is for me some kind of law. Lions have similar rituals among themselves. But tigers vs lions - different species. Lion would be unknown for tiger, so tiger (as intelligent and cautious cat) would carefully watch this "strange" felid first.

Gabbar lost, but he is alive. Katezari was satisfied with Gabbars submission and probably didnt want to risk a deadmatch (risk of serious injury in such a fight) . But I think that tigers would be more motivated to enter a deadmatch even with lion of comparable strenght, because lion is different species so I think that this would be confrontation of different level.

You said "If Katezari could of killed him or really wanted to commit to it, Im sure he could of." And I think that tiger (or lion) would really, really want to kill the opponent.

"If conflict arouse the meeting would most likely be a battle between 2-3 individuals." - I think that 2 lions would have won against 1 tiger. (ofc Im not talking about 2 subadult females against Wagdoh)

You said "We are not speaking of the Gir terrain any more, we are speaking of Ranth, Corbett, Bandipur, Dudwa etc. We are talking about terrain that tigers have evolved to for 100s or 1000s of years. They are built for it, not lions."

I said: "lions would be more successful than tigers in habitat that suits both of them"

1 user Likes Amnon242's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asiatic Lion Reintroduction Project - Amnon242 - 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM