There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others)

Ngonya Online

(06-24-2024, 01:53 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: I remember Tariq, the guide who followed Bob Jr and now follows the Saba Bora coalition giving them names a while back.
I know but only to four of them, theres nine  Laughing

(06-24-2024, 01:54 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: This brother is doing much better now. He's not 100% and will likely carry the injury for life but amazingly  hes healing up.  Such a testament to the resilience and drive to survive from these incredible animals.
 Indeed. Thats great news, any evidence on that?
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Online
( This post was last modified: 06-29-2024, 07:43 PM by Ngonya )

The injured Saba Bora, very bad limp! 
His only way out would be if vets treat him 
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

France Mwarcaar Offline

(06-29-2024, 07:42 PM)Ngonya Wrote: The injured Saba Bora, very bad limp! 

what happened to him? I heard he was hit by a car.
2 users Like Mwarcaar's post

Ngonya Online
( This post was last modified: 06-29-2024, 10:02 PM by Ngonya )

(06-29-2024, 08:05 PM)Mwarcaar Wrote: I heard he was hit by a car.
absolutely nonsense imo.
He is full of puncture / bite like wounds in his front paw and neck, i dont think a car can bite. 

But that could be a possibility but i dont see how.
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

France Mwarcaar Offline

(06-29-2024, 10:01 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
absolutely nonsense imo.
He is full of puncture / bite like wounds in his front paw and neck, i dont think a car can bite. 

his arm appears to be broken and he doesn't seem to have any bite marks on his back which is always the case when a lion is attacked by other lions. I guess that's what makes some people say he was hit by a car and also Lions love to lie down on roads
1 user Likes Mwarcaar's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

The wounds may be unrelated to the limp off which itself may be caused by various other things.

I have my doubts about a car accident though. These a big animals so an crash would be unlikely and likely wont go unnoticed.

Portugal Rui Ferreira Offline

(06-29-2024, 07:42 PM)Ngonya Wrote: The injured Saba Bora, very bad limp! 

I've never seen anything like this, he looks broken and someone tried to put the pieces togheter ( figuratively) 
I know we just cant count them out and they can recover from almost anything it seems sometimes, but man... This seems to me like a dead lion walking, I dont see how he can recover from that leg, it looks like its twisted I dont know ... I hope not
2 users Like Rui Ferreira's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(06-30-2024, 12:35 AM)Mwarcaar Wrote:
(06-29-2024, 10:01 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
absolutely nonsense imo.

his arm appears to be broken and he doesn't seem to have any bite marks on his back which is always the case when a lion is attacked by other lions. I guess that's what makes some people say he was hit by a car and also Lions love to lie down on roads

Maybe he got in a scuffle with a hyena? They do have a bite that can break bones. The injury does look like a bite but what kind of strength is needed to break all those bones so badly? I hope he’s ok and he gets treated. He needs to find his pride or brothers to help him while he heals.

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-30-2024, 01:19 PM by Duco Ndona )

Unfortunatly this too is nature. If he survives he showed that he has what it takes to be competive in thecharsh natural world and if not his death will give others an opportunity to live.

BigLion39 Offline

(06-24-2024, 08:12 PM)Ngonya Wrote: Indeed. Thats great news, any evidence on that?

Yes Tariq posted a video of him limping around, maybe 2 weeks ago. I'd have to check his IG to find it. 

Not sure how the younger 1/2 brothers with the neck injury is. I havehaven't seen anything but I haven't been on IG in a week or so.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(06-30-2024, 07:42 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote: Maybe he got in a scuffle with a hyena? They do have a bite that can break bones. The injury does look like a bite but what kind of strength is needed to break all those bones so badly? I hope he’s ok and he gets treated. He needs to find his pride or brothers to help him while he heals.

I'd put mmoney on thats from other adult, territorial males. Hes lucky to be alive, maybe his brother saved him or the culprits lost interest which we have seen many times. Or maybe he was able to put up a fight good enough to make the culprits stop just short of killing him. 

Names me sad everything I see an injured animal. Thays nature tho, literally survival of thr fittest. Hope he makes it and can continue on with his brother.
2 users Like BigLion39's post