There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(06-23-2024, 11:07 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 08:11 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 07:40 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(06-23-2024, 07:22 PM)KM600 Wrote: Mohawk spotted with Khanya. Funny to me how Khanya split off from the Nkuhumas to follow buffalo and along the way ended up bumping into Mohawk. These boys love their buffalo.

I think Mohawk just didn’t fully recognize Khanya at first. Khanya was doing little contact calls so he didn’t surprise Mohawk.
Hopefully the boys can take down a Buffalo together.
So happy the 2 are safe and really strong and muscular.

They both look in good shape so they may have already hunted together, wouldn’t surprise me the slightest. I always find it such a shame that we never see the first interactions between these lions, this is obviously me assuming this isn’t their first interaction because of how they reacted to the presence of one another.

While we know they have been in each others presence in the past, we have no idea how well lion's memories work. However, we may be witnessing their first interaction in this regard, as you can see Mohawk baring his teeth, a little, possibly hissing (or the lion equivalent) as we we see other cats do sometimes, as Khanya approaches him. He isn't growling or roaring, so perhaps they have been in one another's company for a period of time already, but he is clearly not totally at ease either.

Was thinking the same, if they have been together it hasn’t been very long according to Mohawks body language but he does seem relaxed enough to the point he knows exactly who it is. Him having his back to Khanya seems like he trusts him enough and neither lion seems to be showing dominance. That, I’d imagine happens on the initial interaction.
2 users Like KM600's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Khanya looks in such a great condition.
3 users Like afortich's post

( This post was last modified: 06-24-2024, 03:21 AM by KM600 )

(06-23-2024, 07:22 PM)KM600 Wrote: Mohawk spotted with Khanya. Funny to me how Khanya split off from the Nkuhumas to follow buffalo and along the way ended up bumping into Mohawk. These boys love their buffalo.

Khanya was doing little contact calls so he didn’t surprise Mohawk.

Just seen the video of him contact calling, seems they might be close to the PCMs after all. Tennick_safari on ig stories if anyone wants to see the video.
2 users Like KM600's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-24-2024, 03:20 AM)KM600 Wrote:

Just seen the video of him contact calling, seems they might be close to the PCMs after all. Tennick_safari on ig stories if anyone wants to see the video.

It must be gone already, as I can't find it at all, in fact it shows he has no stories posted. But, I am aware they disappear rather quickly.
2 users Like BA0701's post

(06-24-2024, 03:34 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

It must be gone already, as I can't find it at all, in fact it shows he has no stories posted. But, I am aware they disappear rather quickly.

Was only posted 9 hours ago the minute I sent my comment, they just deleted it for whatever reason.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Super Moderator

(06-24-2024, 04:19 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 03:34 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Was only posted 9 hours ago the minute I sent my comment, they just deleted it for whatever reason.

I am only aware that they do disappear rather quickly, not sure how quickly though. This was brought to my attention by @criollo2mil, perhaps he might know more on how long exactly that they last.

Friarfan619 Offline

It's on his stories rn. Just Khanya no Mohawk??
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-24-2024, 12:08 AM)KM600 Wrote:

I think Mohawk just didn’t fully recognize Khanya at first. Khanya was doing little contact calls so he didn’t surprise Mohawk.

They both look in good shape so they may have already hunted together, wouldn’t surprise me the slightest. I always find it such a shame that we never see the first interactions between these lions, this is obviously me assuming this isn’t their first interaction because of how they reacted to the presence of one another.

While we know they have been in each others presence in the past, we have no idea how well lion's memories work. However, we may be witnessing their first interaction in this regard, as you can see Mohawk baring his teeth, a little, possibly hissing (or the lion equivalent) as we we see other cats do sometimes, as Khanya approaches him. He isn't growling or roaring, so perhaps they have been in one another's company for a period of time already, but he is clearly not totally at ease either.

Was thinking the same, if they have been together it hasn’t been very long according to Mohawks body language but he does seem relaxed enough to the point he knows exactly who it is. Him having his back to Khanya seems like he trusts him enough and neither lion seems to be showing dominance. That, I’d imagine happens on the initial interaction.

Hi. I I have been wondering if you are a guide, but I wanted to say is strange how Mohawk came back to the Nukhuma lionesses, and there has only been two young Nukhuma male lions with a lioness. I have not seen any new photos of one of the Nukhuma male lions. Only two have been seen?

(06-24-2024, 08:43 AM)Go131810 Wrote:

Hi. I I have been wondering if you are a guide, but I wanted to say is strange how Mohawk came back to the Nukhuma lionesses, and there has only been two young Nukhuma male lions with a lioness. I have not seen any new photos of one of the Nukhuma male lions. Only two have been seen?

Not gonna lie it was funny to me seeing this comment, but no I’m not a guide. As far as I’m aware we have no guides in here, just ppl from all over with a huge interest in lions.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Go131810 Offline

(06-24-2024, 11:09 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(06-24-2024, 08:43 AM)Go131810 Wrote:

Not gonna lie it was funny to me seeing this comment, but no I’m not a guide. As far as I’m aware we have no guides in here, just ppl from all over with a huge interest in lions.

Yes it is a bit funny. I had thought there might have been some guides.

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2024, 06:28 PM by BA0701 )

(06-24-2024, 07:47 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: It's on his stories rn. Just Khanya no Mohawk??

Nevermind, I figured it out. As you can tell, I don't use IG, only have an account to aid with my modding here, still have never made a post.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Moriarty posted on stories wondering if he's alright. Not sure if Pic is recent

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

Ttimemarti Offline

He should be with his mom and the 3 other young nkuhuma girls last I saw hope he’s ok
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Friarfan619 Offline

(06-26-2024, 07:28 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: He should be with his mom and the 3 other young nkuhuma girls last I saw hope he’s ok

Pc males were at a kill he was at, not sure if he's been seen since.
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

Brazil Ngonya Online

The darker maned young Nkuhuma male in Kruger

*This image is copyright of its original author

by @seguimosencombate
6 users Like Ngonya's post