There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-17-2024, 02:43 AM by Duco Ndona )

Might be, though its hard to tell in the light. It doesnt help that Mange results in bleeding wounds aswell.
We really need some good footage of him from that angle to be sure.

That nym arrived aerlier is probably just becouse of being able to properly walk. 
Tumbella also tends to hide more so may have been there first.

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-17-2024, 02:04 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 01:54 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: The nkuhuma male doesn’t have a scratch on him?

He ran off which is why he was seen in the Western sector before Tumbela. He was actually busy feasting on two buffalos around the time Tumbela was spotted again but injured. I think it’s safe to say he was not a participant in that fight by any means.

Everytime one of his partners dies or is injured he is seen without a scratch idk if I should be mad or extremely impressed he is definitely a survivor

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Probably just a better fighter. I doubt Tumbella would have survived if it was only him against the Gijimas.

Ttimemarti Offline

A better fighter? What evidence do we have? We don’t have any the bigger gijima had a bloody mouth and recently he was seen with a limp not sure who caused the limp but nkuhuma male no scars skorro jr beat to hell

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Well, what evidence do we have that he fled?

Tumbella was pretty much just given a beating. Something must have happened to give him a chance to escape or he would have died. The only thing I can think off that could have stopped this attack is an intervention of Nym.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(06-17-2024, 04:56 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Well, what evidence do we have that he fled?

Tumbella was pretty much just given a beating. Something must have happened to give him a chance to escape or he would have died. The only thing I can think off that could have stopped this attack is an intervention of Nym.

He has no scars I don’t think the gijimas would let him just bite and claw them without giving it back that doesn’t even make sense, it’s like he came to rescue skorro jr and then they both chased him and left skorro jr I’ve never seen that and same with nhenha also we saw the southern avocas almost kill dreadlocks and then just leave him he didn’t have help and survived why couldn’t skorro Jr survive alone getting beaten And skorro jr was seen in the south after the attack so he didn’t leave the area immediately like nkuhuma male did. I have no idea if he helped but based off track record band have no scar I’d assume no but you never know
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Most likely the Gijima jumped Skorro first and gave him a beating. Then Nkuhuma charged the two which was enough to scare off the Gijima who wasnt interested in fighting both of them. 

With the fight over, they headed back north. But Tumbella due to his condition couldnt keep up with Nym so was forced to trail him at a bit of a distance while staying more hidden.

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(06-17-2024, 11:46 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Most likely the Gijima jumped Skorro first and gave him a beating. Then Nkuhuma charged the two which was enough to scare off the Gijima who wasnt interested in fighting both of them. 

With the fight over, they headed back north. But Tumbella due to his condition couldnt keep up with Nym so was forced to trail him at a bit of a distance while staying more hidden.

Obviously none of us know exactly what happened, but I seriously doubt Nkuhuma chased off both Gijimas. Aside from the fact he doesn’t want to fight any dominant male(s), it doesn’t make sense why he’d split from Tumbela after saving him from both Gijimas. Then was seen on two other kills and Tumbela didn’t feed nor was he with him which is evident by his physical appearance in the latest video. So their relationship would be developed to the point he risks his own life running off both Gijimas but didn’t stay with Tumbela or contact call for two seperate kills he either made or come across. I don’t buy it.
4 users Like KM600's post

(06-17-2024, 03:23 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 02:04 AM)KM600 Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 01:54 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: The nkuhuma male doesn’t have a scratch on him?

He ran off which is why he was seen in the Western sector before Tumbela. He was actually busy feasting on two buffalos around the time Tumbela was spotted again but injured. I think it’s safe to say he was not a participant in that fight by any means.

Everytime one of his partners dies or is injured he is seen without a scratch idk if I should be mad or extremely impressed he is definitely a survivor

The way I see it, he’s not at fault for his partners getting caught. However, he can give them a sense of almost false hope which could’ve happened in the Gijima altercation. After all that roaring, I’m not sure Tumbela would be excepting zero backup in a fight assuming they were both chased together before Tumbela was caught as opposed to them both being split in the first place.
2 users Like KM600's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-17-2024, 03:28 PM by Tr1x24 )

Tumbela survived being caught  by 2 PCMs, alone, so this was prob in similar fashion, but Gijimas give him more beating then PCMs, who give up fairly early.

Gijimas also caught 2 Kambula boys, K3 and most recently K6, both survived.

So its not like Gijimas will definetly kill a male if they get their hands on him.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Have the Gijimas killed any adult male, outright? Ubuso died as a result of his injuries, but that took months, if not more than a year.
2 users Like BA0701's post

(06-17-2024, 06:26 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Have the Gijimas killed any adult male, outright? Ubuso died as a result of his injuries, but that took months, if not more than a year.

Not that I know of, Dzwihala is questionable but we don’t know for sure what happened to him. They were already quite aggressive coming into SS so I’m guessing they already had a few fights in KNP. Possible they killed an adult male there but super unlikely.
4 users Like KM600's post

Mwk85 Offline

PC's are back with the Nkuhumas at Simbambili and the Ndzhenga males were seen at Chitwa Dam as well. 

8 users Like Mwk85's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

(06-17-2024, 01:31 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 11:46 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Most likely the Gijima jumped Skorro first and gave him a beating. Then Nkuhuma charged the two which was enough to scare off the Gijima who wasnt interested in fighting both of them. 

Obviously none of us know exactly what happened, but I seriously doubt Nkuhuma chased off both Gijimas. Aside from the fact he doesn’t want to fight any dominant male(s), it doesn’t make sense why he’d split from Tumbela after saving him from both Gijimas. Then was seen on two other kills and Tumbela didn’t feed nor was he with him which is evident by his physical appearance in the latest video. So their relationship would be developed to the point he risks his own life running off both Gijimas but didn’t stay with Tumbela or contact call for two seperate kills he either made or come across. I don’t buy it.

I suspect that they never were split up to the degree that they completely had no clue where the other was. Due to the wounds, Tumbella had issues keeping up with Nkuhuma after the fight so they mostly travelled alone in the same general direction. Tumbella also had the luck of running into the Mangheni who he also spend some time with.

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(06-18-2024, 02:16 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote:
(06-17-2024, 01:31 PM)KM600 Wrote:

I suspect that they never were split up to the degree that they completely had no clue where the other was. Due to the wounds, Tumbella had issues keeping up with Nkuhuma after the fight so they mostly travelled alone in the same general direction. Tumbella also had the luck of running into the Mangheni who he also spend some time with.

Nym has a history of wanting to challenge and take over an area/pride but when faced with another coalition he runs. Very sad for his coalition partners that Nym isn’t reliable or trustworthy in a fight.
Nym has a different survival strategy and it works for him but I feel he may not ever be a pride male. Nhenha was his loyal dad/uncle and Nym ditched him. I’m kinda glad he didn’t partner up with Khanya talamati as Nyms not reliable in a fight. I really hope Nym gets it together and find his courage. He’s a beautiful boy and I wish him success!
3 users Like GhostCatP-22's post