There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-04-2023, 12:44 AM by Mapokser )

@criollo2mil I remember rumours that the NK sub had a hairy belly but I honestly couldn't see it in the footage we had, I think I even mentioned it here.

So it's nice to have confirmation. People usually only give attention to similarities between fathers and sons or the paternal grandfather, but this remind us how male lions can obviously also resemble their mothers and maternal grandfathers.

I also remember saying this guy looked like HB when he was younger.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Hopefully they don’t harm the young ones plenty of females to mate with should be 6 they can mate with
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(11-03-2023, 10:26 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @criollo2mil I remember rumours that the NK sub had a hairy belly but I honestly couldn't see it in the footage we had, I think I even mentioned it here.

So it's nice to have confirmed. People usually only give attention to similarities between fathers and sons or the paternal grandfather, but this remind us how male lions can obviously also resemble their mothers and maternal grandfathers.

I also remember saying this guy looked like HB when he was younger.

Yeah, your comment is what made me curious so I started asking around.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-03-2023, 11:44 PM by Tr1x24 )

We can see some bumps/hematoma on BDMs left back leg, another clue that he was that limping male, he prob got kicked by buffalo, as they where seen on buffalo kill in Londolozi before that limping video, which would explain how fast he recovered:

*This image is copyright of its original author

So yea, speculated clash with Ndhzengas who where seen near by prob didnt happen.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

The injured male seemed to have blood on his leg, but it might be because the footage was in very low quality.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(11-04-2023, 12:48 AM)Mapokser Wrote: The injured male seemed to have blood on his leg, but it might be because the footage was in very low quality.

Yea, it was very poor quality so it prob only look like it.

Both BDMs and Skorro B. male have no new scars, so it was just a limp.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Interesting times in Sabi Sands right now, I don’t see this situation being resolved just because BDMs are currently spending time with the Nkuhuma Pride and subs, Mohawk will most likely come back with his 4 sons and from there either challenge the BDMs or pull a Half Tail and try stay around them. The fact that BDMs are related to some members of the Nkuhuma Pride isn’t exactly great but I see this being a theme for most the current nomadic coalitions in Sabi Sands. Kambula YMs especially are most likely going to takeover a pride that has members they are related to.

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

They are probably going to leave. Afteral, what reason have his sons to join the fight?

With the Nkuhumas picking the BDMs and getting ready to move on to their post Avoca life, the sons are pretty much guaranteed to no longer be accepted. Which they will probably see as the final push they need to start seeking a pride of their own elsewhere. Mohawk would then have little other option than either face the BDMs on his own or leave.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-04-2023, 03:35 AM by KM600 )

(11-04-2023, 02:26 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They are probably going to leave. Afteral, what reason have his sons to join the fight?

With the Nkuhumas picking the BDMs and getting ready to move on to their post Avoca life, the sons are pretty much guaranteed to no longer be accepted. Which they will probably see as the final push they need to start seeking a pride of their own elsewhere. Mohawk would then have little other option than either face the BDMs on his own or leave.
I agree it’s not likely the Nkuhuma YMs would join the fight, nor do I believe they’re ready for such a fight but they do seem to have such a strong bond with Mohawk I can’t rule it out. Also, with the Talamatis now in the South, only the Nkuhumas and Talamati Breakway are still in the North so I don’t see Mohawk completely leaving anytime soon. Even if he did leave the North which I’ve never heard of him doing other than following buffalo in Manyeleti and challenging the BBoys in Mala Mala, it’s not like it gets any easier, infact it gets worse with the amount of males in the South, PCMs in the West, NWS in the East. He could leave Sabi Sands but I very much doubt it.

Ttimemarti Offline

All they really need to do it keep taking down buffalo for about 6 months then they’ll be ready they really need to bulk up and get bigger sharing killed with the other females and all now they can bring down buffalo and eat all to themselves so they’ll get bigger like the kambula males have done

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Sand River pride:

Im a bit confused, i tought only 2 sub males where still alive, and that 1/2, oldest, was killed like month ago.

But now on this video i see 4 sub males lol, and oldest looks to be very alive.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Interesting scar on mohawked BDM:

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Priceless sighting

All three ximungwe cubs at play as the two mothers relax in a moment of respite

https://instagram.com/stories/rangerfred...Yjk0MDhjYg==
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

1 of Imbali males:

Photo credits: Nkorho

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-04-2023, 04:37 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Interesting scar on mohawked BDM:

That's man made, whatever it is. Possibly an inoculation brand?
1 user Likes BA0701's post