There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(10-23-2023, 10:10 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: BDMs:

Been on the skinny side for around a week now, no idea why that is but I hope they get a good meal. Haven’t heard of them causing as much nuisance recently either and them being in this state very well may be a reason why.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Imbali boys on Djuma again, limp basically gone now

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@KM600 It's normal for lions to look skinny sometimes and BDM don't even have a pride to hunt for them.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

( This post was last modified: 10-24-2023, 12:04 AM by KM600 )

(10-23-2023, 11:59 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @KM600 It's normal for lions to look skinny sometimes and BDM don't even have a pride to hunt for them.
I know it’s just with their age, I thought they’d be more successful with their hunts.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-24-2023, 12:04 AM)KM600 Wrote: I thought they’d be more successful with their hunts.
If they wouldn't be succesfull at hunting then they would be already for long time gone. They guy looks like he could use some meal, but not like starving lion.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Savanna diary:

7 users Like Mapokser's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Some more sad news from Sabi Sabi.

Read a report that Talamatis (females) have killed 1/3 Southern Pride Cubs

So many lions in close proximity. Some sore pregnant and it’s raising hostilities.

The southern area of Sabi sand has become a battle ground these last six months.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(10-25-2023, 01:13 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Some more sad news from Sabi Sabi.  

So many lions in close proximity.   Some sore pregnant and it’s raising hostilities.  

The southern area of Sabi sand has become a battle ground these last six months.

Aren’t the gijimas with them?
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

(10-25-2023, 01:21 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote:

So many lions in close proximity.   Some sore pregnant and it’s raising hostilities.  

Aren’t the gijimas with them?
Seen a report Gijimas reunited with the Southern Pride and were seen with their cubs so they prolly went on patrol.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Was always going to happen tbh, Gijimas were always taking a chance with the Talamatis and seems to me they’re overextending themselves, let’s just hope the Talamatis leave the other cubs alone.
2 users Like KM600's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Oh man, that is awful! Like SP has the lions to spare. I wonder if it was one of the two that Gijimas allowed to remain, or if it is the newest cub.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Contributor

(10-25-2023, 02:37 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Oh man, that is awful! Like SP has the lions to spare. I wonder if it was one of the two that Gijimas allowed to remain, or if it is the newest cub.

It was a cub….not one of the young females. I hate to say it but do however wish it was a male. This pride needs as many females as possible to prosper.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

That area is too small for Styx, Talamati and the SP.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Contributor

(10-25-2023, 05:50 AM)Mapokser Wrote: That area is too small for Styx, Talamati and the SP.

I agree. I’ve been afraid of this for some time. Tensions will rise even more as more of these females drop more cubs.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom Cath2020 Offline

Would you post a link to the report, please.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post