There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Excellent capture of the ghost of kruger casper, one of the 4 shishangaan males followed by one of his brothers, who dominate a large part of the territory in satara.
5 users Like Horizon's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Guernsey and Avoca young male:

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

1/2 Mongawane males again….Osindile captured by a guest Anthon Botha on the H7 close to where the Phelwana flows into the Timbavati. He did not see a second male w him.

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Ross males
Credit: Phelwana game lodge

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-24-2023, 09:53 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: 1/2 Mongawane males again….Osindile captured by a guest Anthon Botha on the H7 close to where the Phelwana flows into the Timbavati. He did not see a second male w him.

Still can't get over what a stunner he has become, in a relatively short period of time. Seems to have picked up a new nose scar, if that is the case it will certainly make him easier to identify in the future.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Mapoza.
"The king lion of a big pride of 17 lions."
Credit: Arkadii

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Canada Robot00 Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-25-2023, 12:34 AM by Robot00 )

(10-24-2023, 09:53 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: 1/2 Mongawane males again….Osindile captured by a guest Anthon Botha on the H7 close to where the Phelwana flows into the Timbavati. He did not see a second male w him.
This name rings a bell to the five mapogos sand river boys  Crying

Super Moderator

(10-25-2023, 12:33 AM)Robot00 Wrote:

Are you talking about Willem Botha, one of the men to have touched all of the Mapogos?
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

I believe Botha is a common name in South Africa….it’s like let’s say Johnson in the USA.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Canada Robot00 Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-25-2023, 05:50 AM by Robot00 )

(10-25-2023, 12:39 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Are you talking about Willem Botha, one of the men to have touched all of the Mapogos?
Yup thats the one. He is none other than the main cause with the demise of the known mapogos sons. Five, FIIIIIIIIIVE sand river male subs. It saddens me  Crying
1 user Likes Robot00's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(10-25-2023, 05:19 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: I believe Botha is a common name in South Africa….it’s like let’s say Johnson in the USA.

I get it, like say Smith in England.

Super Moderator

(10-25-2023, 05:50 AM)Robot00 Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 12:39 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Yup thats the one. He is none other than the main cause with the demise of the known mapogos sons. Five, FIIIIIIIIIVE sand river male subs. It saddens me  Crying

Do you have evidence to back up those claims?

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Botha and his friends were the ones to shot the Sand River pride dead, IIRC he is in the photo with the hunters and the dead SRP in front of them, they were smiling.

Though it wasn't Botha who gave the order, nor was the reserve. The local government is the culprit, they were the ones to order the lions death according to Rob.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Super Moderator

(10-25-2023, 08:00 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Botha and his friends were the ones to shot the Sand River pride dead, IIRC he is in the photo with the hunters and the dead SRP in front of them, they were smiling.

Though it wasn't Botha who gave the order, nor was the reserve. The local government is the culprit, they were the ones to order the lions death according to Rob.

Thank you for that @Mapokser, a terrible situation for everyone involved. I, personally, don't believe Willem Botha would want to intentionally kill off a pride, and it doesn't make sense for the local government to do so either, except to ensure the safety of the populace. Has Willem Botha ever commented publicly on the situation that you are aware of?
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(10-25-2023, 08:56 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-25-2023, 08:00 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Botha and his friends were the ones to shot the Sand River pride dead, IIRC he is in the photo with the hunters and the dead SRP in front of them, they were smiling.

Thank you for that @Mapokser, a terrible situation for everyone involved. I, personally, don't believe Willem Botha would want to intentionally kill off a pride, and it doesn't make sense for the local government to do so either, except to ensure the safety of the populace. Has Willem Botha ever commented publicly on the situation that you are aware of?

It doesn’t help that they all posed for a picture holding their heads smiling and laughing idc what the lions did that just makes me sick to my stomach… and I guess they posted the picture how else did it get out and it’s weird there is a second sand river pride. Sorry it makes me a little upset hearing about that pride terrible terrible tragedy
4 users Like Ttimemarti's post