There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(08-05-2023, 01:28 AM)afortich Wrote:
(08-04-2023, 11:20 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Wonky

What about this boy still alone?? Thanks!

I have no real proof (I could just ask EP but I'm lazy) but Elephant plains reported 3 unknown male lions in their weekly sightings report on July 23rd. They also posted the weekly reports on their instagram story and on that report they included a picture of him. Who he joined up with I have no clue!
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Poor Maribye chased up a tree by a young male about an hour ago

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-05-2023, 02:07 AM)Tonpa Wrote: I have no real proof (I could just ask EP but I'm lazy) but Elephant plains reported 3 unknown male lions in their weekly sightings report on July 23rd. They also posted the weekly reports on their instagram story and on that report they included a picture of him. Who he joined up with I have no clue!

He was following Imbali breakaways, they have 2 young males.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 06:11 PM by Tonpa )

Monday,31 July 2023
  • Nkuhuma pride of ten Lions with the Northern Avoca Male mobile North from Rhino ring west.
Tuesday, 1 August 2023
  • Nkuhuma pride of ten Lions with the Northern Avoca male sleeping at Jerry drive.
  • Talamati pride of eight Lions mobile East from Huntersmoon lodge.
Wednesday,2 August 2023
  • Nkuhuma pride of ten Lions mobile West from Serengeti open area.
Friday,4 August 2023
  • One young Nkuhuma male Lion static on Seepline west.
  • Two Talamati young male Lions on Elephant plains airstrip chasing an unknown young male Lion.
Saturday,5 August 2023
  • Three young Nkuhuma male Lion West of Maddash close to road seven sleeping.
  • Talamati Lioness and five sub adult Lions West of Jacana access.
Sunday,6 August 2023
  • Two Black Dam male Lions mobile South into Londolozi from big dam link South.

https://www.elephantplains.co.za/big-5-b.../08/10415/
6 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Add Red Road Male and the Nharu Pride as visitors to Sabi Sand. More to follow but they’re currently on Buffoelshek and have reportedly chased Talamati Breakaways towards Djuma this morning

Pics and vids are bound to spread today
11 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-10-2023, 09:08 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Add Red Road Male and the Nharu Pride as visitors to Sabi Sand.    More to follow but they’re currently on Buffoelshek and have reportedly chased Talamati Breakaways towards Djuma this morning

S8 male will not be happy with this haha.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-10-2023, 09:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-10-2023, 09:08 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Add Red Road Male and the Nharu Pride as visitors to Sabi Sand.    More to follow but they’re currently on Buffoelshek and have reportedly chased Talamati Breakaways towards Djuma this morning

S8 male will not be happy with this haha.

If they do end up running into one another, it will be the first time in awhile since either has faced another single dominant male. Last time S8 did, that I recall was the bloodless coupe, when he took some of the Talamatis from DM.
4 users Like BA0701's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

7 users Like afortich's post

Gavskrr Offline

(08-11-2023, 08:03 AM)afortich Wrote:

Wasn't Nkuhuma following these talamati girls? i hope they bump into each other it would be good for both of them
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-11-2023, 10:30 AM by 1999gc8 )

When that video was first posted on youtube the title was indicating that both were eating a lioness but has been changed to what is now.
Is the source of the video credible?
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(08-11-2023, 09:49 AM)Gavskrr Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 08:03 AM)afortich Wrote:

Wasn't Nkuhuma following these talamati girls? i hope they bump into each other it would be good for both of them

Not sure bro. However, I read in the comments of the channel that someone told him that it was a lioness, and he ask who ever watching the video to correct him if necessary.
3 users Like afortich's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

https://www.more.co.za/blog/nkulhu-lion-coalition-on-the-rise-at-lion-sands/?fbclid=IwAR2Wx7H2LaroUHThrDwFUIBg7TSdu_yie5VEpbMH0Ac2uUKM4mei-fNmwP0
3 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-11-2023, 07:43 PM by lionuk )

Red Road and the Nharu pride seen yesterday in Buffleshoek. 
According to the photographer, 15 members of the pride were there. 
Pic credit: Holly Young-Needham

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like lionuk's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-27-2022, 06:24 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 04:39 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A crazy sighting at @nkorhobushlodge of the young Talamati male leads the operation to overthrow a huge buffalo with the rest of his pride by @mattywarephotography2020
We're they successful?

(08-11-2023, 07:33 PM)lionuk Wrote: Red Road and the Nharu pride seen yesterday in Buffleshoek. 

So if there were 15 members present this would mean the two males that had not been there are back???

Full pride compliment was

5 Adult Females
5 Female Subs
4 Male Subs
RRM

If so, that’s great news.
8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tylermartin! Offline

(08-11-2023, 07:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 06:24 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 04:39 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: A crazy sighting at @nkorhobushlodge of the young Talamati male leads the operation to overthrow a huge buffalo with the rest of his pride by @mattywarephotography2020
We're they successful?

(08-11-2023, 07:33 PM)lionuk Wrote: Red Road and the Nharu pride seen yesterday in Buffleshoek. 

So if there were 15 members present this would mean the two males that had not been there are back???

Full pride compliment was

5 Adult Females
5 Female Subs
4 Male Subs
RRM

If so, that’s great news.

How many of the adult females are the Birmingham males sisters?
1 user Likes Tylermartin!'s post