There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

A beautiful closeup of Handsome Vurhami male called Mo

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(12-11-2021, 06:35 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 02:36 PM)Potato Wrote: Satara males

For me this 'Caramel Colored' Lion must be THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LION currently in Kruger National Park?
Watch him and three of his Coalition Brothers filmed on the H6 between Singita and the H1-3.
They are part of a the Coalition of 7 males around the H6 south of Satara Rest-camp.
Yes, a Coalition of SEVEN! They are the Pride Males of the Southern Pride of Kruger National Park.
Who do YOU think is the most beautiful - Casper or Caramel?
I agree there are very beautiful black mane Lions in Kruger but...Casper and Caramel are unique and one of a kind.

are they near casper

Yes. The area around Satara is full of coalitions including Casper and brothers, these 7 Satara males, 2 N’semani males, old Shishangaan males and the Kumana/Maputo male. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics around that area evolve.
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 02:06 AM by Mdz123 )

3/3 young Jock (Berg-en-Dal) males.
Credits: Daniel Zimmerman

11 users Like Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(12-11-2021, 09:42 PM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 06:35 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 02:36 PM)Potato Wrote: Satara males

For me this 'Caramel Colored' Lion must be THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LION currently in Kruger National Park?
Watch him and three of his Coalition Brothers filmed on the H6 between Singita and the H1-3.
They are part of a the Coalition of 7 males around the H6 south of Satara Rest-camp.
Yes, a Coalition of SEVEN! They are the Pride Males of the Southern Pride of Kruger National Park.
Who do YOU think is the most beautiful - Casper or Caramel?
I agree there are very beautiful black mane Lions in Kruger but...Casper and Caramel are unique and one of a kind.

are they near casper

Yes. The area around Satara is full of coalitions including Casper and brothers, these 7 Satara males, 2 N’semani males, old Shishangaan males and the Kumana/Maputo male. It will be interesting to see how the dynamics around that area evolve.

6 young Myambula males are also around there.
6 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Might be these three young Othawa males who are missing?  Age matches with them, although Mpondo’s subadult sons are also at this area, near Phabeni Gate. 

5 users Like lionuk's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Seeing there are three of them in that video and that coalition is at best doen to two. Its likely not them.

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/2 Mingerhout males couple days ago.

"Male and female, male was vocalizing a lot, crossed the road and headed into the riverbed” H14, just north of Ngobeni waterhole. Near Phalaborwa. Credit: Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-12-2021, 06:49 PM by Brahim )

Shishangeni male recently on s130 moving further out than usual.
Credit: Holly Baker

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1 of the 3 Biyamiti males.
Credit: Leo Vantage Safari

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Brahim's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-12-2021, 06:47 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 1/2 Mingerhout males couple days ago.

"Male and female, male was vocalizing a lot, crossed the road and headed into the riverbed” H14, just north of Ngobeni waterhole. Near Phalaborwa. Credit: Todd

Glad to hear about this boy doing well. He is still in great shape for his age.
2 users Like T I N O's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Two Sons of Eastern Bank males from Renosterpan area.
Credit: Team Leopalo

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@"Timbavati" Yeah seems Mingerhout males are moving a lot now. Seen here which is the 3 Golden Mopani / Shimuwini males territory. This along with two other Young males also hanging around makes it seem unlikely the 3 Mopani are still around
2 users Like Brahim's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-13-2021, 03:54 AM by Mdz123 )

1/2 Nsemani Mbiri male
Credits: Mario Fazekas
Old sighting

6 users Like Mdz123's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-12-2021, 08:43 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: 1/2 Nsemani male Rockfig

This is the older Mbiri male. What a good-looking lion. He was in his prime when this image was taken.
4 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-13-2021, 04:01 AM by Mdz123 )

(12-12-2021, 09:29 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 08:43 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: 1/2 Nsemani male Rockfig

This is the older Mbiri male. What a good-looking lion. He was in his prime when this image was taken.

So this is an old sighting? When was his prime

I am guessing 2017-2020 since he was born in 2011.
2 users Like Mdz123's post