There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the S21 males back in September 2020
Image credit: Meraj Chhaya

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Lubyelubye pride with 1/2 young Mazithi males in the Kruger National Park
Image credits: Kambaku River Lodge - Kruger National Park - Malelane

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The two remaining Shishangeni males seen this past Monday in the morning on the S25 road KNP
Image credit: Luzaan Zaan Large

Venezuela titose Offline

"Mo" the bigger #Vurhami male  lion looking really magnificent this week close to Crocodile Bridge in the Kruger National Park. He really is a survivor after a very tough year in which he lost most of his brothers.
The remaining 2 males have returned to the periphery of their fathers territory. It will be very interesting to see where they go from here as we head into 2021 and they search for opportunity in a land dominated by older more experienced males and bigger coalitions.
By: Dave Pusey

5 users Like titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mjejane males on s114/h2-2, close to Afsaal,Kruger Sightings :

https://twitter.com/LatestKruger/status/1341964125052821504?s=20

It seems that Mjejanes might be pushing further west into the Mpondo's territory, their offspring in Lukimbi area is around 2 yrs of age, so they might be trying to find new prides.. 

Idk atm where remaining Mpondos are tbh,did they return south after demise of 5th Mpondo? And no updates on injured Blonded one. 
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-24-2020, 10:44 AM)titose Wrote: "Mo" the bigger #Vurhami male  lion looking really magnificent this week close to Crocodile Bridge in the Kruger National Park. He really is a survivor after a very tough year in which he lost most of his brothers.
The remaining 2 males have returned to the periphery of their fathers territory. It will be very interesting to see where they go from here as we head into 2021 and they search for opportunity in a land dominated by older more experienced males and bigger coalitions.
By: Dave Pusey

What a stunning specimen this Vurhami male is!
Like father like son.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-24-2020, 03:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Mjejane males on s114/h2-2, close to Afsaal,Kruger Sightings :

https://twitter.com/LatestKruger/status/1341964125052821504?s=20

It seems that Mjejanes might be pushing further west into the Mpondo's territory, their offspring in Lukimbi area is around 2 yrs of age, so they might be trying to find new prides.. 

Idk atm where remaining Mpondos are tbh,did they return south after demise of 5th Mpondo? And no updates on injured Blonded one. 
The team of Jock Safari Lodge have seen only two of the Mpondo males but separate... The blond one in bad condition and the Stumpie tailed one
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Casper the not so friendly ghost on the Sweni Road.
Image credit: Louis Kruger

7 users Like T I N O's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Casper's mane is growing .
1 user Likes Lycaon's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-24-2020, 07:10 PM)Lycaon Wrote: Casper's mane is growing .

Indeed, His mane is starting to grow around his neck and on the sides.
If we has in count that he don't had a easy nomadic life, makes sense that his mane hasn't grow quickly. The white male of the Birmingham pride has a very nice mane for his age, I guess he'll grow even more fast than Casper

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A cool capture of 1/2 last Vurhami young males sons of the famous Shishangeni coalition 
Image credit: Henri Olckers

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Update
Photo of the male lions still stationary  
S110 sand. 4.3km east of Matjula waterhole junction 
Near Berg En Dal
Tinged by Kerry – *Kruger Pride Safaris*
(Photo)

5 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-24-2020, 07:31 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: A cool capture of 1/2 last Vurhami young males sons of the famous Shishangeni coalition 

As somebody mentioned, this male will be one of the most impressive males in Kruger in his prime, what a specimen.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-24-2020, 08:00 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 07:31 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: A cool capture of 1/2 last Vurhami young males sons of the famous Shishangeni coalition 

As somebody mentioned, this male will be one of the most impressive males in Kruger in his prime, what a specimen.

The larger Mbiri male it's also a very big male. I think also could be one of the biggest of Kruger. Anyway, The Vurhami young male is very big for his age

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-24-2020, 08:12 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The larger Mbiri male it's also a very big male. I think also could be one of the biggest of Kruger. Anyway, The Vurhami young male is very big for his age

Scar Mbiri looks very impressive, one of the bulkiest and most muscular lions out there, but theres definetly more taller lions in Kruger, Scar and Shaka are quite similar in height, Scar is only much bulkier. 

2 new H7 males dont look any smaller then Mbiris, beautiful specimens also :

3 users Like Tr1x24's post