There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 02:49 AM by Tr1x24 )

(11-29-2020, 02:26 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Some exciting news! 
The Nkuhuma Male is currently on Southeastern Othawa/Robson's with a wildebeest kill and was joined by Hairy Belly, the Matimba Male,  this morning. The Nkuhuma Male has a gash under his jaw that is believed to have come from the wildebeest during the hunt.

Its better to post about NK male under Bboys sons thread.. 

Still no sign of Styx male, now im really concerned about him..its around 1 month he was last seen in Londolozi..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 02:52 AM by T I N O )

(11-29-2020, 02:37 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
The Nkuhuma Male is currently on Southeastern Othawa/Robson's with a wildebeest kill and was joined by Hairy Belly, the Matimba Male,  this morning. The Nkuhuma Male has a gash under his jaw that is believed to have come from the wildebeest during the hunt.

Its better to post about NK male under Bboys sons thread.. 

Still no sign of Styx male, now im really concerned about him..its around 1 month he was last seen in Londolozi..

I think it is appropriate this post in this thread,as also has been mentioned the last Matimba male.
4 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Kambula pride in Londolozi :

*This image is copyright of its original author

It was 16 members of the pride here (not counting Bboys) , all the subadults and they said 2 adult lionesses, idk if thats true because that would mean that 14 subadults are here, but only 12 where seen recently,they could mistaken some adult lionesses for subadults tho.. 

Rest of the adult lionesses are with their new cubs.. 

Split will eventualy happen, but its definitely a good thing that not all adult lionesses give birth so they are still hanging with subadults..i expect 2 more lionesses to give birth soon, then theres infertile 1 and 1 lioness that give birth last year so she wont be in estrus soon.. Those 2 are prob hanging out with subadults..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 06:59 AM by T I N O )

The Talamatis (with nine growing sub-adults) are seemingly expanding their range and moving all across the northern sector. They were seen on the Djuma Waterhole camera a couple hours back. With the Nkuhumas having shifted south and further west, it has opened up the opportunity for the Talamatis (a breakaway of the Nkuhuma Pride) to move further afield from their territory.
Note: I don't post the videos as I've did a couple of days ago because seems that the FB issues has back once again.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=850999532382245
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Dark mane Avoca male in their prime with the Talamati pride of lions at Manyeleti Game Reserve
Him and the Talamati pride are thriving raising to nine sub-adults that were born around December 2018 to April 2019
(6 Females and 3 Males)
Manyeleti-Sabi Sands-11/25/20.
Photo credits: Chris Booth

5 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tumbela male mating with Othawa female

Part of Torchwood pride with young male included as well as Kambula females with mangy cubs.

4 users Like Potato's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

@TinoArmando share pictures or clips if available...!!!

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-30-2020, 08:24 PM)Potato Wrote: Tumbela male mating with Othawa female

Part of Torchwood pride with young male included as well as Kambula females with mangy cubs.

The Tumbela certainly seem to be gaining in confidence, as we can see in this video.

Torchwood male, imo, is one of the best looking males in all of Sabi Sands and Kruger. Such a gorgeous specimen.

Thanks for sharing these @Potato !
2 users Like BA0701's post

Gijima Offline

Ottawa Male & cubs
4 users Like Gijima's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-30-2020, 09:30 PM)Gijima Wrote:

Ottawa Male & cubs

He's such a good dad, one of the reasons I follow him so closely. He got that from his days with his natal pride.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Gijima Offline

@BA0701 Agreed! Also seeing the N'Ws with their cubs was great. I was a bit worried about how they would react but it seems like they completely accepted the cubs which is great to see.
2 users Like Gijima's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Kambula pride subadults stalking buffalo heard with few adult lionesses leading them, Londolozi Instagram story :

These months are crucial for those youngsters, as they need to learn as much as possible while they are still accompanied by few adult females..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Some good screenshot of the Othawa male on the move. He was feeding of a buffalo carcass at Sabi Sands Game Reserve
Photo credits: Quintessential Wildlife Photographic Safaris

T I N O Offline
Moderators

On the 26th of November, nature blessed me with the most incredible Birthday Present - A Wonderfull sighting of the Othawa Male and his Pride, the Mhangeni's - Here are some slow motion clips I composed of the sighting I had of them - Enjoy!!!
In my personal opinion,The Othawa male is around one of the most handsome lions in Sabi Sands,That mane!,That stare! What a beast!!

South Africa Slayerd Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 09:39 PM by Slayerd )

(12-01-2020, 08:25 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: On the 26th of November, nature blessed me with the most incredible Birthday Present - A Wonderfull sighting of the Othawa Male and his Pride, the Mhangeni's - Here are some slow motion clips I composed of the sighting I had of them - Enjoy!!!
In my personal opinion,The Othawa male is around one of the most handsome lions in Sabi Sands,That mane!,That stare! What a beast!!

Not just Sabi Sands but Kruger as a whole. Sabi Sands has housed extremely handsome lions over the years like, Blondie Nkuhuma, Pretty Boy ,Ratsa, Ndunha, Nhenha, Nsuku, Hip Scar and now the Othawa Male, the Torchwood Young Male and the Styx Young Male are some of the most beautiful lions around. Junior and the 2 Othawa and some of the Kambula Young Males look like they will be very handsome as well.
3 users Like Slayerd's post