There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-27-2020, 11:38 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Maybe a hunt gone wrong, internal injuries causing a sudden death. Post i read earlier said he looked well fed

Maybe from that angle, but he was losing weight 1 month ago already..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-27-2020, 11:38 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Maybe a hunt gone wrong, internal injuries causing a sudden death. Post i read earlier said he looked well fed
That you have said make much sense Tummy. As you can tell under the foots of the Styx male, He has some injuries and blood through his belly. If he died by being gored by a buffalo or Antelope, Then he had the most tough death. Without a any doubt!
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Gijima Offline

(11-27-2020, 11:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Maybe from that angle, but he was losing weight 1 month ago already..

I think the stomach starts to fill up with gas when a body decomposes. Maybe that’s why he looked “full”? 

Very sad either way...
3 users Like Gijima's post

Hairy tummy Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 11:07 AM by Hairy tummy )

Who knows,sad news

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Byamiti young male:

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-28-2020, 03:17 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Byamiti young male:

One of the Eastern Bank male sons, To be honest, I hope this boy will grow quickly
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-28-2020, 08:35 PM by T I N O )

Recent sighting of the injured Shishangeni male. He's doing his best for recover and keep the tracks of his pride and brothers. Sadly, his injured back right hip don't help him in much as should do. 
Photo credit: N. Soza
KNP-11/28/20.

8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The two huge S129 males. These old boys thriving around Nkuhlu area (former territory of the Mantimahle coalition). After of being beaten up by some coalitions a couple of months ago. They were able to survive and has became dominant once again.
Photo credits to: Big on Wild - Wildlife Blog & Photography
KNP-11/28/20,-

6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of three male lions smiling at the camera while crossing the Letaba lower bridge on H14
Tinged by Alberto – Matimba Bush Lodge

5 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 01:48 AM by Tr1x24 )

(11-29-2020, 01:33 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The two huge S129 males. These old boys thriving around Nkuhlu area (former territory of the Mantimahle coalition). After of being beaten up by some coalitions a couple of months ago. They were able to survive and has became dominant once again.
KNP-11/28/20,-

This male certaintly survived some nasty mauling in the past, happy that they found area where they thrive..

I dont think they are that old, prob around 7, 8.

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 03:20 AM by T I N O )

(11-29-2020, 01:48 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 01:33 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The two huge S129 males. These old boys thriving around Nkuhlu area (former territory of the Mantimahle coalition). After of being beaten up by some coalitions a couple of months ago. They were able to survive and has became dominant once again.
KNP-11/28/20,-

This male certaintly survived some nasty mauling in the past, happy that they found area where they thrive..

I dont think they are that old, prob around 7, 8.

Edited: They not are much older than 10/11 as I mentioned in the previous comment. Then,I decided edited it

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The two S129 males last year (August'19) at Orpen loop close to Tshokwane picnic spot.
Photo credit:Jacques Kruger

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the two Mazithi dam/S129 males last year 
Photo credit: Graeme Mitchley

3 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-29-2020, 01:53 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: They're much older than 8. They were called often old Mazithi males (By Graeme Mitchley) later Mazithi dam males and now as the S129 males. They have around 10/11. They have Black-nosed completely at the 100%,Yellow teeth and they look very bruised since a couple of years ago

You meant old Muntshe males prob. 

Great pics!

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-29-2020, 02:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 01:53 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: They're much older than 8. They were called often old Mazithi males (By Graeme Mitchley) later Mazithi dam males and now as the S129 males. They have around 10/11. They have Black-nosed completely at the 100%,Yellow teeth and they look very bruised since a couple of years ago

You meant old Muntshe males prob. 

Great pics!

Actually not, I'm referring to the two S129 males,They were called as I have mentioned above my friend,I have posted the pictures above, And definitely are the same males