There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Venezuela titose Offline

A blast from the past with 2 of the 4 massive Shishangeni males in 2015, the four males were beginning to venture into the Vurhami Bridge area  trying to take over the Vurhami pride.
Kruger national Park
By:  Matthieu gallet 

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 12:40 AM by Tr1x24 )

(11-24-2020, 12:16 AM)titose Wrote: A blast from the past with 2 of the 4 massive Shishangeni males in 2015, the four males were beginning to venture into the Vurhami Bridge area  trying to take over the Vurhami pride.
Kruger national Park

http://bigonwild.co.za/shishangeni-male-lions/

In this article is stated that they are born in 2011/2012, which is false as we see based of this photo of them in 2015, those are not 3/4 yrs old lions.. 

Also Mjejane males are born atleast in 2014 as they already become dominant in 2018,so its impossible for Shishangenis to be born in 2011/2012.. 

I think they are born atleast in 2010..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Venezuela titose Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 01:19 AM by titose )

(11-24-2020, 12:38 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 12:16 AM)titose Wrote: A blast from the past with 2 of the 4 massive Shishangeni males in 2015, the four males were beginning to venture into the Vurhami Bridge area  trying to take over the Vurhami pride.
Kruger national Park

In this article is stated that they are born in 2011/2012, which is false as we see based of this photo of them in 2015, those are not 3/4 yrs old lions.. 

Also Mjejane males are born atleast in 2014 as they already become dominant in 2018,so its impossible for Shishangenis to be born in 2011/2012.. 

Exactly friend good insight, I also believe the same, it is the same as it has been said that the Mjejane males are sons of these males when the dates do not match (dates of when the Shishangeni became proud and the date of birth of the Mjejane males)
3 users Like titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-24-2020, 01:15 AM)titose Wrote: Exactly friend good insight, I also believe the same, it is the same as it has been said that the Mjejane males are sons of these males when the dates do not match (dates of when the Shishangeni became proud and the date of birth of the Mjejane males)

Well Mjejanes look like Shishangenis so i believe that they are their sons, their first sons, but its unknown as far as I know from which pride they origin..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Venezuela titose Offline

(11-24-2020, 02:16 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 01:15 AM)titose Wrote: Exactly friend good insight, I also believe the same, it is the same as it has been said that the Mjejane males are sons of these males when the dates do not match (dates of when the Shishangeni became proud and the date of birth of the Mjejane males)

Well Mjejanes look like Shishangenis so i believe that they are their sons, their first sons, but its unknown as far as I know from which pride they origin..

They may be the last sons of the Gomondwane males with the Shishangeni pride and there is their resemblance to their older brothers, all this is my opinion and is pure speculation...  Because as you say, I don't know which pride they are from!
1 user Likes titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-24-2020, 02:36 AM)titose Wrote: They may be the last sons of the Gomondwane males with the Shishangeni pride and there is their resemblance to their older brothers, all this is my opinion and is pure speculation...  Because as you say, I don't know which pride they are from!

Well thats a possibility also.. as they are around the same age as young Gomondwanes..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Screenshots of injured 5th Mpondo around week ago in Jock Concession :

Blonde male was also seen injured, any idea who they fight?? It seems that returning their 3 brothers north into their old territory rly hurt them in Jock Concession, and are rly close to losing that territory, pride and cubs, as 5th died and Blonde is in bad condition.. 

I will try to find out who are the new challengers..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Another recent close up of the South Shishangeni male!
Photo credit to: Mervyn Solomon

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Kruger national Park

I think the Shishangeni are over 10+ I have some pics of them in 2013 and they doesn't look like 3 years old males imo
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the two H5 males (Lubyelubye son)
1 Lion stationary
'laying behind some brush under a bush'
H4-2, De Culper Waterhole
Near Crocodile Bridge
Tinged by: Don - Love God's Creation

5 users Like T I N O's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The father and son coalition of the H5 pride males sheltering from the midday sun under a small bush on the H4-2
H4-2, KNP
07/11/2020
By: Karabo Sindo Baloyi

5 users Like titose's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-24-2020, 07:59 PM)titose Wrote: The father and son coalition of the H5 pride males sheltering from the midday sun under a small bush on the H4-2
H4-2, KNP
07/11/2020
By: Karabo Sindo Baloyi

This old Lubyelubye male is a true legend! He has partnered up with their two sons and 1 of them is alive until today. He at a certain point is doing the same thing as Notch. He partnered with their sons and started to dominates a big area. This old Lubyelubye male deserves a lot of respect.
5 users Like T I N O's post

Venezuela titose Offline

(11-24-2020, 05:53 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:
Kruger national Park

I think the Shishangeni are over 10+ I have some pics of them in 2013 and they doesn't look like 3 years old males imo

I also have pictures of them in 2013 on a buffalo carcass and you are right @TinoArmando  these guys look really huge for their age! 
I don't know if the age of these males is right, but I always doubt that they are 9 or 8 years old as some say, let's remember that the Gomondwane males became dominant around the end of 2008
2 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-26-2020, 06:12 PM by titose )

the massive Shishangeni males with some of their Vurhami pride sons on the road between Crocodile Bridge and Lower Sabie!!
Kruger National park
taken two weeks ago
By: Marelize Otto

3 users Like titose's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 12:04 AM by T I N O Edit Reason: Bad typo )

(11-24-2020, 10:24 PM)titose Wrote: the massive Gomondwane males with some of their Shishangeni pride sons on the road between Crocodile Bridge and Lower Sabie!!
Kruger National park
taken two weeks ago
By: Marelize Otto

Actually,I believe that it's a Shishangeni male.
2 users Like T I N O's post