There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-05-2020, 01:42 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 12:11 AM)Potato Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 12:05 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 09:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Othawa male seen this morning in Singita with bite marks on his back, it seems that he has been involved in some fight.. 

In this sighting and on his sighting on Savanna vlog 2 weeks ago he acted quite nervous which even rangers pointed out, quite strange of him.. Does he feel pressured by 3 new males??

Wow very interesting of course!
Where you have find this information?
I have been a bit off of the social media

From Singita Live.

Thank you.
(The Othawa male appear in Singita Live?

Yup, but wounds on his back are not vissible, it is just guide words that they are there.
1 user Likes Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-05-2020, 02:08 AM)Potato Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 01:42 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 12:11 AM)Potato Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 12:05 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 09:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Othawa male seen this morning in Singita with bite marks on his back, it seems that he has been involved in some fight.. 

In this sighting and on his sighting on Savanna vlog 2 weeks ago he acted quite nervous which even rangers pointed out, quite strange of him.. Does he feel pressured by 3 new males??

Wow very interesting of course!
Where you have find this information?
I have been a bit off of the social media

From Singita Live.

Thank you.

Yup, but wounds on his back are not vissible, it is just guide words that they are there.
Thank you very much again!
:)
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-05-2020, 01:42 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Thank you.
(08-05-2020, 02:08 AM)Potato Wrote: Yup, but wounds on his back are not vissible, it is just guide words that they are there.

Also, those 3 young males where apperantly seen with female (they think its Othawa lioness) feeding on a kill in northern Singita.

Which absolutely makes no sense for Othawa female to be in N. Singita and hanging out with this males..

I think thats more likely lone Nkuhuma lioness (sister of NK male), she is hanging in that area and Simbambili.. And few weeks ago alone lionesses was spotted in Ulusaba, prob her, or maybe Ximhungwe lioness, if she lost her cub. 

I just dont believe thats Othawa lioness, but we need to wait and see if thats true it seems..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-05-2020, 04:12 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 01:42 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Thank you.
(08-05-2020, 02:08 AM)Potato Wrote: Yup, but wounds on his back are not vissible, it is just guide words that they are there.

Also, those 3 young males where apperantly seen with female (they think its Othawa lioness) feeding on a kill in northern Singita.

Which absolutely makes no sense for Othawa female to be in N. Singita and hanging out with this males..

I think thats more likely lone Nkuhuma lioness (sister of NK male), she is hanging in that area and Simbambili.. And few weeks ago alone lionesses was spotted in Ulusaba, prob her, or maybe Ximhungwe lioness, if she lost her cub. 

I just dont believe thats Othawa lioness, but we need to wait and see if thats true it seems..

Totally!

Netherlands Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" This lone male lion was walking along a road, marking almost every second tree and vocalising - he must have been busy for most of the morning as he soon lay down for a little rest. "

5 users Like Spalea's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Impressive

Venezuela titose Offline

Mohawk of the Northern Avoca males with one of the Nkuhuma pride lionesses on a romantic date at Djuma GR!
Vuyatela Lodge & Galago Camp
By: L A U R E N A R T H U R
https://www.instagram.com/lauren_arthur7/

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like titose's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-05-2020, 07:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

The mane of Tinyo is absolutely magnificent
The Mane almost meets with the elbows, A bit similar as used to has Hairy Belly in their prime.
5 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-05-2020, 10:33 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The mane of Tinyo is absolutely magnificent
The Mane almost meets with the elbows, A bit similar as used to has Hairy Belly in their prime.

Both Bboys are absolutely stunning males,they'd aged like fine wine..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-05-2020, 10:41 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 10:33 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The mane of Tinyo is absolutely magnificent

Both Bboys are absolutely stunning males,they'd aged like fine wine..

Totally agree!

Although Nhenha look more younger than Tinyo, Tinyo have a much better mane (big)

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Singita Sabi Sands update
  • Lion movements across the property continue to change and surprise us. Last month saw the arrival of three young male lions moving into the northern parts of Singita Sabi Sands. These three males have continued to make their presence known and have also since been seen mating with a lioness who we believe may be from the Othawa pride.
  • The Nsevu pride have seemingly begun to explore wider areas and have been witnessed on a few occasions hunting in our south-eastern parts of the property. With more than twenty lions in the pride, they truly are a staggering sight to behold.
  • Due to the Nsevu pride spending some more time on our property, this has meant that the Birmingham males have also started to move into a closer range. With roars coming from both the two Birmingham males, as well as the three young males in the north, this meant that the Othawa male has had to make a bigger name for himself within his territory and remain sure that his area is secure.
2 users Like Potato's post

Netherlands Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" We decided to head back to the area where the four N’waswishaka male lions and Southern Pride female were seen earlier yesterday. The males and female were interacting, allowing for a wonderful sighting.  The males were showing a lot of interest in the female, sniffing her urine and using their vomeronasal organs to test the receptivity of the female. "

" It was a very cold start to the morning as the clouds had set in overnight and the wind having a very icy feel, so we were fortunate to come across this pride of lions hunkering down in a slightly more thick area escaping the cold breeze. With signs that they had recently fed, we were sure that they wouldn’t move any time soon, until a small herd of impala got their attention, showing the true opportunistic behaviour of predators. "

4 users Like Spalea's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Ntsevu/Kambula sisterhood

4 users Like Mohawk4's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

New cubs in Kambula pride

2 users Like Potato's post