There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Casper of the Shish pride.

credit:- Maverick Gareth

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

For those those following the story of the male lion territorial dynamics, the young Vurhami male Lions are still on Mjejane Game Reserve, spending time in the far south east mostly. The 3 Mjejane males are more north west in the Kruger National Park across the Crocodile River. There is 1 Lioness with the young males which could make things interesting should the 3 big males make an

8 users Like Potato's post

Venezuela titose Offline

One of the two dominant Giant males between Olifants and Satara, "Big Boy" of the vicious Ngotso male coalition!
Olifants Camp, Kruger National Park
BY: SUSANNE NICKEL

Hello everyone, some of the members of the Wildfact Forum could give me information about the Gambu males; their territory is southeast of Olifants between the S90 and the Lebombo Mountains!
7 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

"These two males , walked into our concession a week or so ago. We expected them to cause some chaos with one of our resident prides? Seen two days ago , looks like the resident pride (Hamilton’s pride) won that battle ⚔️."
Imbali Safari Lodge
BY: CONNORPHOTOGRAPHY

It seems that one of them is the male that was in Nkorho days ago!
5 users Like titose's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-02-2020, 06:01 AM)titose Wrote: "These two males , walked into our concession a week or so ago. We expected them to cause some chaos with one of our resident prides? Seen two days ago , looks like the resident pride (Hamilton’s pride) won that battle ⚔️."
Imbali Safari Lodge
BY: CONNORPHOTOGRAPHY

It seems that one of them is the male that was in Nkorho days ago!

Hi.
Definitely they aren't the same.
the Whiskers of the Fourways pride male on left,  side are 3, 2 along and 1 above
plus these males were seen a few weeks ago in the same area and look a bit bad, the Fourways dominant males are in much better shape
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Ngotso males 
Credit:- Hanno Erasmus

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

What a colossal king
the dark-maned Ngotso male

5 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Two full mature male lions...

5 users Like Spalea's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-02-2020, 02:38 PM)Spalea Wrote: Two full mature male lions...

Old Jock males!
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Mantimahle male "Honest face"
Credit:- A.Z Photography

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

S21 males.
Two of the three S21 males and 1 lioness

9 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Ngotso male on a mission
Credit:- Anita Pouwels

6 users Like T I N O's post

239Pu Offline

Quote:Mala Mala last year. A giraffe had died in the south of the reserve and 3 lions had laid claim to it. We decided to make the long drive south and on the way down bumped into 2 male lions having a bit of stand-off. We couldn’t really see them in the thick bush. We decided to carry on to the giraffe carcass and see what was going on there. We arrived and 2 lions were busy feeding with quite a few hyenas hanging around. After about 15 minutes one of the other rangers came across the 2 males having a stand-off moving towards the giraffe. The 2 lions picked up and ran off and the 2 males arrived on the scene. Then chaos broke out, the 2 males who were from different coalitions started climbing into each other and it was a real fight. Most times it is quite a bit of vocalising and posturing, but these 2 decided to throw down properly.
Dean Wraith Photography - https://laholzwarth.wordpress.com/tag/kr...onal-park/
could this be Charleston vs Sand River ? there is a date on the page October 11, 2012 and it says the photo was last year
3 users Like 239Pu's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-04-2020, 12:09 AM)239Pu Wrote: could this be Charleston vs Sand River ? there is a date on the page October 11, 2012 and it says the photo was last year

Charleston vs Sand River happened in 2014.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-04-2020, 12:09 AM)239Pu Wrote:

Quote:Mala Mala last year. A giraffe had died in the south of the reserve and 3 lions had laid claim to it. We decided to make the long drive south and on the way down bumped into 2 male lions having a bit of stand-off. We couldn’t really see them in the thick bush. We decided to carry on to the giraffe carcass and see what was going on there. We arrived and 2 lions were busy feeding with quite a few hyenas hanging around. After about 15 minutes one of the other rangers came across the 2 males having a stand-off moving towards the giraffe. The 2 lions picked up and ran off and the 2 males arrived on the scene. Then chaos broke out, the 2 males who were from different coalitions started climbing into each other and it was a real fight. Most times it is quite a bit of vocalising and posturing, but these 2 decided to throw down properly.
Dean Wraith Photography - https://laholzwarth.wordpress.com/tag/kr...onal-park/
could this be Charleston vs Sand River ? there is a date on the page October 11, 2012 and it says the photo was last year

Interesting, sadly the story seems chaotic, hard to say if it was 3 different coalitions or pride of two and 2 single males from different coalitions or yet somethink elese. What it come to what males could have been involved in that I can think of are: Salatis, Solo/Cleo/Leo and Sand River males.
1 user Likes Potato's post