There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polar

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 06:48 AM by Polar )

I.Introduction (Part One) cont.

...A feeling of dread seeped through my veins as I watched the large male saber-tooth lunge directly at me. "This is my end," I thought, yet as the cat inevitably landed on me, the physical and auditory action of his silenced. Here I was on my back, facing one of Earth's most toughest felines and expecting a swift, spontaneous death with a flick of a paw or a crush from the jaws. None of that proceeded his lunge, oddly.

I opened my eyes expecting an angry expression on One-Tooth's face, yet he remained calm in his composure. An eternity passed while cold winds chilled both of us into frozen statues: heck, we would make quite an expensive exhibit in a natural museum, the cat on top and I on the bottom. One-Tooth quickly let out a loud gruff which was to be taken as a critical threat. He then slowly backed off of me as I regained a sense of motion. Like him, I slowly rose back to my feet as to not disturb him with sudden motions, and rubbed the remaining snow particles off of my person. My mind then went berzerk with both realistic and philosophical thoughts.

Now, some may wonder why I refer to One-Tooth as "him" or "cat" and not "it", and this is because most animals are like humans in terms of consciousness, and at times, individuality. One-Tooth is obviously a cat as well. The case of One-Tooth proves this to an extreme degree. One-Tooth, from his physical description, is quite individual in maintaining only one long saber-canine. His bodily and verbal displays determined him to be an outwardly-social character as well, much like a human extrovert. He displayed a sort of "pure consciousness" right after he lunged at me with only a disillusioned, plain stare and me to him. All animals have this "pure consciousness", regardless of the species or group, and this state is aligned with the rest of the natural world and the universe as a whole.

And it is with this state that the mind is free from the ills of prominent thoughts and societal expectations, assuming there are any. Throughout my short experience in the Arctic, I have learned this idea in many different ways. Once, as I was swimming across a wide river, I excused the prominent thought of hypothermia and continued on with my swim without thought, simply consciousness; life is expected to be tough, and "tough" is not something new.

Another time, a young polar bear of unknown gender seemed to be displaced from his or her rowdy mother, and as the bear's eyes met mine, all thoughts flew away and a blank, staring contest ensued: he was in the same "pure conscious" state as I was. For the rest of that day, life was easier for me since I didn't take the negative thought of hardships into account. Though I was certain that I would see that same bear someday soon, grown up into an adult.
4 users Like Polar's post

Messages In This Thread
Polar - Polar - 12-12-2016, 08:33 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-13-2016, 05:57 AM
RE: Polar - Tshokwane - 12-13-2016, 06:03 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-13-2016, 06:11 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-17-2016, 08:43 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-20-2016, 05:04 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-21-2016, 06:45 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-22-2016, 10:02 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-24-2016, 05:24 AM
RE: Polar - Polar - 12-24-2016, 06:02 AM