There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Wild Lions

BIGCATSXPERT Offline
Lion enthusiast
Thumbs Up 

(09-01-2021, 06:34 AM)GreatGorilla Wrote: Breaking News!

Recently the Black Dam male lion was collared by Timbavati and was said to be the heaviest they weighed in history. So i researched a bit and got contact with the ecologist of Timbavati (Almero Bosch) who collared the BDM lion and years ago the 283 kg lion ximpoko and 250 kg lion Mabande.

I asked him about the size of that lion and if they weighed him! Sadly they didnt weigh him but look what he said and that is enough!

*This image is copyright of its original author

So just imagine. That lion was even bigger than the giant Ximpoko who was 280 kg and the root circumference tells enough! That lion is definetely in the 300 kg range but not with a empty belly. But i think this lion was als heavy as kocks 272 kg empty stomach lion if not even heavier!

Here the pictures of this Giant:

And some might be interested about his body thickness. Well... let me compare him to one of the most robust lions i have seen. Here a gigantic ngorongoro crater male.. look at his body thickness, arms and shoulders.

But just look how thick BDM is... damn

A real giant.... nothing more to say tbh

Damn he is too thick, my estimates are around 300kg
Nice work Like

Messages In This Thread