There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Behavior

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

(05-22-2016, 11:55 AM)Spalea Wrote: @Polar: about #37

Quite agree with you but I quote Einstein (I try to translate correctly):

The world we created is the result of our level of reflection. But the problems it breeds cannot be solved at this same level.

The solution seems to be very easy to say. But in practice how to modify the humans' behaviour (habits, poaching, illegal hunting ...), humans' psychology ? As you say the solution doesn't consist only in employing most forest guards and rangers (who could be corrupted) ie just reacting to the problem. We have to educate, to raise people awareness and so on, this is a big thorough work.

You speak about the total elimination of the monetary system and the corruption of our society. Yes ! We are living under the banks' dictatorship, aren't we ? Do you propose the third world war ? You're american isn't ? You and I both are all belonging to the "occidental" world. I think you must be aware that it means, that this implies...

Personly, I don't believe in the miracles.

Agreed again. 

Humans, in general, blame their current state of psychology on others or "their natural tendencies." 

Some people say that humans are "naturally" evil. No. That is just an excuse to hide humans' lack of respect for each other and their apparent thought of superiority over one another. Humans want to be evil, there is not a "natural" state of emotional being that proves that humans need to be evil.

The rest of the animals, including early humans/hominids, knew that being evil was only a temporary state of mind, not a natural state. In the early hominid days, if one group had a problem with another group, they would sort it out fairly quickly and forget/respect each other after that. It seems like when modern humans evolved, they started to hold grudges against each other and constantly pester each other into rage, hence widespread war and consistent fighting/hatred.

Whether "occidental," "oriental," or even "tribal" is considered, the whole world's situation is the same: humans are never happy with what they currently have, at least, not happy for a long time. Soon they will want to get bored with what they have and aim for something "superior" in their view.

Note that I used the word "want" instead of "need" in this instance, I think you already know why I used the former instead of the latter...

------------------------------------------------------------

Take a businessman, for example. He earns a million within five years. Most people would die for that amount of money, yet the businessman's goals hint at a trillion-dollar amount of total profit at his entrepreneurial prime. He doesn't care about just a million, he wants more and more and more and-- you get the drift.

The problem? He does not know why he wants more; all he knows is that he wants more. No one really needs a trillion-dollar profit to live, yet if anyone had a choice between getting a million, a billion, or a trillion dollars for free, just about everyone would choose a trillion dollars simply because everyone wants the highest amount.

Wanting more without knowing why you want more is quite dangerous, and ironically, it is why we perceive ourselves as superior to other forms of life and even our own form of life among different backgrounds. Humans always have that dangerous sense of self-entitlement (that is why "nature conservation groups" seek support, both monetary and publicly, so that they can be seen as more entitled to their landscapes and exercise total control over them).

What do I propose to end this?

-Not a war; that would only further tensions and allow the surviving people start the "human mistake" over again. 

-Not further governmental punishment/control; that will anger the people and cause a revolution or a war. (Most wars happen because of government, not because of the lack of it, as most people assume.)

-Not passive governmental control; the ones who are used to enforced traditional values and strict government will wage anger against the liberal government and the people supporting liberalism

-Not governmental reform; the ones who are used to the older government will go berserk against the one who want to reform to the new government.

Mass suicide? Human-effective deadly pathogen? A world conspiracy created to allow humans to spread, yet at the end, mind-controls them all into death? These are genius solutions, and as you said, improbable miracles. I do not believe much in miracles either.

In all, we just don't have a "natural" state of mind, much like any other animal. We assume we do to simply cover our hideous tendencies, inconsistencies, and insecurities.
1 user Likes Polar's post

Messages In This Thread
Human Behavior - Polar - 05-22-2016, 03:52 AM
RE: Human Behavior - tigerluver - 05-23-2016, 01:05 AM
RE: Human Behavior - Spalea - 05-23-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Human Behavior - Polar - 05-23-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: Human Behavior - Spalea - 05-24-2016, 01:34 AM
RE: Human Behavior - chaos - 05-24-2016, 04:55 AM
RE: Human Behavior - bigcatlover - 04-13-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: Book Review - Spalea - 05-22-2016, 11:55 AM
RE: Book Review - Polar - 05-22-2016, 11:28 PM