There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About methods, measurements, errors, baits and the art of debating

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 10:35 AM by sanjay )

Actually, what matters above all is a peaceful debate and not thrashing each other, this is really a childish behavior. I like both waverider and warsaw, there are no doubts they both are very knowledgeable and we must respect knowledge but what we don't like is disturbance in form abusing, thrashing and getting aggressive during debates (that's really diminish your credibility and knoweldge and mature people want to avoid it).

I have said many times, when you debate you must have understanding of actually what is debate and how you should do it, in my opinion a debate is meant to give arguments, proofs, source and understand others inputs. For a debate, you must be prepare for others contradicting your information since it is part of debate and for this you should never get aggressive and abusive with others (difference between mature and youngster). Don't make it personnel issues and hurt on self respect, instead you can gently leave a debate and start focusing on other topics.
So in short a debate should be gentlemen game.
Now, problem is on both side waverider get aggressive and attack, while guate also sometime get angry and lashes, while both side get aggressive for each other but what they forget is the information, data and knowledge pouring during their debate. They get so aggressive and hyper that they ignore the great piece of information they learned while debating. Take it on ego, start trashing and the result is death of great flow of knowledge.

Believe me you all are very knowledgeable person and have lot of info to share with worlds, only thing you guys required is to be more thoughtful when you debate. Just change the habit of bad debating and you will see places like this forum will fill with lot of good information for upcoming generation and your contribution will live forever. Just think.

Edit:
I have lift on the ban from waveriders for obvious reason
1 user Likes sanjay's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: About methods, measurements, errors, baits and the art of debating - sanjay - 09-09-2015, 10:28 AM