There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indian wildlife sanctuary, information data and its condition

India jeets Offline
Banned

(08-20-2015, 08:39 AM)GuateGojira Wrote: @"Jett" the map that I posted is not fake, you don't even read what I explained before. Those red dots indicate known tiger populations and the entire area are parks or reserves. What I clearly explained was also that those red dots don't explain the DENSITY of each one, so one little red dot in India can have more tigers than the large dots in Burma and Sumatra, for example. Also, there are large areas of forest in India, but they are empty now, a similar case is seen in Cambodia and Laos, where large forest areas are empty of any animal, caused by the human conflicts in the area.

Also, you have misunderstood the words of Dr Karanth. He say that the tiger recovery is possible, but like the says in his book "The Way of the tiger", that "potential habitat" areas most be prepared for tigers first. It most have plenty of wild prey and few humans as possible, only in that way there will be possible to breed tigers. But face it, there are very few areas in India with those characteristics. Can India support 10,000 tigers? Possible, but first those thousands of kilometers of forest most be ideal for tigers, if not, there will be another loss. Pckts show it very well with the problem of the roads, even in the well protected areas like the Western Ghats landscape, were Dr Karanth work.

About the problems with the nilgai and the wild boar, is like Pckts say, those are animals that learned to live near human settlements, but if a tiger go there in order to hunt them, the sure thing is that it will enter in conflict with the humans sooner or late, and like Dr Karanth say in an article of 2014: the tiger will be the sure looser in this fight.

If the situation of the forest of India were so "good" like you describe, don't you think that the table posted by Sanjay (in the first post of this topic) would not exist? In that case, tiger protectors like Belinda Wright, Valmik Thapar, Ullas Karanth and many other, will not be fighting for the few space available that is still capable of having tigers.

Instead of national "pride", we most have a more holistic point of view, about what is the reality of the forests and what solutions can be made.

I read it clearly but why they show red dots for India (2226) but patches in case of 60 tigers in thai/burma/viet etc.It is totally unacceptable for me.Why can't they show same dots for other areas too.

2.Again,Chital,Nilgai&Wild boar's are nothing but PEST.Villagers/farmers hate these animals more than Lions/leopards/tigers.They breed like PIGS.I hate hunting (animals) but these animals must be culled or Tigers/leopards are must to control them. India from million-um has 60-70% wild Tigers/Asian elephants/Leopards/Asian lions still SAME PERCENTAGE EXISTS in India and they will in future.

But why
3.For that you must understand Indian psychology/culture , from past 200 years all cultures changed but Indians won't change much we tolerate animals that is why in every street corner you found dogs/pigs/goats/cows in India.And add Monkey/elephants/camels in some areas.This is the main reason when ever tigers/leopards come near humans they hunt or eat cows/dogs/pigs/goats etc so people know their presence and call the forest officials ...tranquilizers...soon.  

Now come to the connecting the dots.
For example:  Take Lions they are limited to gir forest 5,000 km2 slowly they regain now they occupied 20,000 km2 area,Same will happen to tigers slowly we connect these habituates with land passes. Yup I know tigers are not lions humans&Tigers won't tolerate each other but I mentioned already 'coz of culture they will survive.Even after killing/eating humans no Indian ever said kill tigers(some exceptions are there)

Conclusion:Tigers are independent&intelligent animals and they survive roads/trains etc etc (1-2% may die or collateral damage) but most important thing is we must maintain their PREY.The prey are Chital,Nilgai&wild boar are considered as Pest
1 user Likes jeets's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indian wildlife sanctuary, information data and its condition - jeets - 08-20-2015, 11:15 AM