There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Other carnivores birds (ravens, skuas, gull etc.)

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

great post's @Pckts yes I had white tailed eagles and Great black backed gulls outside my house all the time before I moved. they are rivals on the same line as almost every other compeating carnivore. the gull kills just as impressive prey as the white tailed eagles (if not the eagles are desperate). and actually seems more bold at attackig larger duck spicies than the eagles.

these gulls are not only compeating with raptors, they are sometimes are the dominant spicies! photagarphers who is trying to photograph buzzards, goshawks and marsh harriers etc. south in Norway says this gull is a trubble for getting the pictures because is scarres the raptors away, even goshawks (I've actually has seen one fight between them myself)! and that's impressive goshawks are real beasts themselves.
I've heard falconares say skuas has aswell beaten up both gyrfalcon and goshawks so badly that the birds never would hunt where the skuas where ever again! so raptors can loose fight's with eaqually sized gulls!  

impressive birds for sure: raptors capable of killing them where it lives is probably only: eagle owl, gyrfalcon and golden, bold and white tailed eagle.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Other carnivores birds (ravens, skuas, gull etc.) - Pantherinae - 02-06-2015, 02:19 AM
Gray heron - Hans Kasza - 07-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Gull - Hans Kasza - 08-29-2018, 03:35 AM