There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

That is one interesting addition to the agglomeration of jaguars, in areas with high population density of jaguars these encounters occurs with the simple presence of a carcass, as it was shown on Balam's post. these moments are also some of the ones infanticides happens by female jaguars in areas of high populated density jaguar indivuals.

That interaction between Nusa and Fera is also included in my post 306#, it was a good one as the possibility of risks over young Juju was high so Nusa in this moment reminding her fearsome big mom Teorema decided to not take chances and drove Fera away as she was still nearby showing signs of possible anger or frustration as David Higgs described Fera after the interaction grabbing and ripping down branches from overhead.

Not that it happens all the time but IMO nowadays these are the interactions that gotta be observed and discussed the most as a Priority of behavior study of the species and science is already well aware of these so extracting and registering the maximum from these interactions so we can understand a bit more about jaguars social behaviors and as I said a while ago, installing cameras Africam-Like would be really good for this but it gotta be installed upwards uptrees in case of intra or inter specific interactions they can register it by capturing the whole ''arena/stage scenario'' thing that we can't do with camera traps installed downwards close to the ground with the same vision/angle quality and one of the ideal areas they gotta choose I'd say would be  specific places where main preys resides more often.

One good example of these cameras is the register of a jaguar being chased by a group of pecaries in the Chaco. We need more of that.

But one single ''moveable/rotates'' camera like that is way too expensive here so I get it very well in case the idea (if they thought of it) hasn't been put on the works if it was for this reason.

Anyways I am gonna watch this live video in order to get informations about Maned Wolves and their behaviors, it looks like in the video there are some valuable infos about them as well.
3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports - Dark Jaguar - 04-30-2021, 07:15 AM