There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

Poll: Do you support lion translocation from Gir to Kuno Palpur?
Absolutely!
No.
On the fence...
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Asiatic Lion Reintroduction Project

United States Blackleopard Offline
Banned

The thing that is bit odd about lion behavior and not sure if the Asiatic lion is like this, because I thought from what I heard some where that they don't have the same large prides--but what's odd, is some of these African male coalition stories you hear about, the lions can be basically psychotic, they seem not to tire of killing other lions and taking over more territory.  I don't remember the link where I saw this, maybe I can find it, but I believe the Mapogo lions had killed hundreds of lions in just a few years time.  Which would seem a destructive nature toward your own species.

I can't imagine lions with such a nature when faced with a tiger in their territory, obviously the tiger would be confronted, whether alone or with the other coalition members.  In the wild both cats would be very fit and in prime awareness and reaction, with such a high caliber killing ability at present in both beast, and a resolute to sudden death with just a bite from either, it would seem the mane protecting the throat area and some added fighting wiles could prove advantage in the outcome.  But again, I'm not sure, is the Asiatic lion as mentally psycho as the African lion, if so, I'd say the fight would be on. 

I remember seeing some instances on several sites posted where the Asiatic lion and Bengal did come into conflict, but I'd have to do an extensive google search on those to make sure they were wild and not just staged fights. 

There was a famous accidental fight in the Tower of London, but it was between a captive Asiatic lion King George vs two wild Bengals fresh from the jungle.  I was a bit surprised at the fight the lion put up, it took both tigers to finally pin it down, and then after being broken up, the lion didn't stop fighting, and eventually ripped out one of the tigers teeth.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5AssXd...er&f=false
1 user Likes Blackleopard's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asiatic Lion Reintroduction Project - Blackleopard - 09-08-2016, 03:54 AM