There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your next favorite thing?

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 01:11 AM by BA0701 )

01. Try to spend as much quality time as is possible with my family, wife, our daughter and son in-law, and our grandchildren
Family is of the utmost importance, without their support I would not have accomplished any of what I did in my life. When it is your own children, sadly, we often are too focused on our responsibilities to teach, provide for, and take care of them, to take in the important moments. Grandchildren are an opportunity to relax and appreciate those little things so much more.

02. Gaming (PC or console game)
I have been gaming since the early 70's, when the very first video games (back then the first one I remember was called Racer, and was a literal black screen, with a white outline resembling a car, and white dots that passed along side of it, sometimes curving) I play just about every genre, on just about every platform except mobile, phones are for calls :). The genre preferences change over time, with right now the majority of the games I have been playing being primarily RTS. I currently have all of the big 3 consoles, and a stacked water cooled gaming PC.

03. RC trucks and Drones 
I have a few of these. A Traxxas TRX4 Traxx, and a RedCat Gen8 Axe that I drive around with my oldest grandson (who just so happened he recently signed up on Wildfact, as he loves animals, currently focusing on sharks), and I have a few drones, with the primary being a DJI Mavic 2 Pro that takes stunning videos and photos.

04. MMA
I used to watch a lot of sports, baseball, American Football (primarily college), etc. Now, for the most part, I only watch MMA, primarily the UFC.

05. Travel
I have done tremendous travelling in my lifetime, been on just about every continent except Australia, at one point or another. Some because my father was working there, some for pleasure, some for my own work. These days travel is almost nonexistent, but I do still dream of going on a lengthy safari one of these days, before it is too late. That is the one thing I have not done yet, on my bucket list.

06. PCs and Networking
Always had a huge interest in electronics and the like. One of the first things I always did as a child was to tear things apart to understand how they worked, and started building my own PCs and tinkering, which lead to getting into the IT industry, after having spent 10 years in another totally different industry, getting my first Cisco CCNA and Microsoft MCSE (NT 4.0) in 1997, only advancing from there. One of the jobs I have had that took me to places around the world.

A few others, but I don't want to upset anyone that might not appreciate them :), but nothing that is at all bad or illegal.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Messages In This Thread
What is your next favorite thing? - sanjay - 04-11-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: What is your next favorite thing? - BA0701 - 08-13-2020, 10:46 PM