There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Lions in South-Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia

United States TheLioness Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Like I mentioned I do not know exactly which ones are healthy and which are sickly, some can easily be seen to be sick, however 160kg can be healthy for an adult male, however there are 6 males above 180 while there are 10 males below 180kg.

88kg for the two lionesses seems very small compared to the others. So I'll await word back on which ones we can exclude from the data and which ones to keep.

Imagine if all they could capture were the 6 males(small sample yes, but I've seen smaller) their average weight was 191.4 or a nice 421 pound average, however thats not the case, there are probably more to add to the sample, out of the other 10 males there is a few more that are proabably not infected, however the total infected were 16, and the lionesses do seem to have less fluctuation, not as many highs and lows as the males.

121kg - 201kg
88kg - 138kg

If we remove the two 88 kg lionesses(the actual amount of females is 15 not 16) 13 females averaged 119kg(262lbs.)

With a sample of 13 females and 10 males, they are a little heavier than the other average(including the sick?)

Possibly healthy south females 119kg - All south 118.37kg
Possibly healthy south males 191.4kg - All south 186.55kg

This is interesting thinking about it, while waiting on which animals were infected. I am hoping I get a chart on the north kruger lion weights, their average was 200.1kg.
1 user Likes TheLioness's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lions in South-Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia - TheLioness - 05-14-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Gamiz - 11-12-2016, 09:56 AM