There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male tiger ustaad T-24 killed forest gaurd in Ranthambore

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-20-2015, 09:53 PM by Pckts )

(05-20-2015, 09:55 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote: I don't think that photographers are better than anyone here. They only live there and have the chance to take pictures, that is all; I could take pictures of jaguars in my country, but that doesn't make me an "expert" in jaguars, put in eye on this. I am pretty sure that many of us here knows 1,000 times more about tigers than them in they entire "career" taking pictures.

There is a difference between "empiric" knowledge and "scientific" knowledge, and most of them lack (and even attack) this last one. You can defend the opinion of photographers, that is fair, but there is no need to exaggerate they skills.

About the captivity of the tiger, that is a very controversial point, I even remember the words of Dr Charles McDougal, he think (in those old days, at least) that if we most decide between shooting a tiger or put it in a cage (after an entire life in the wild), it will be better to shoot it. This is a deep thought, don't you think? What happen when a wild dominant animal is put in captivity? What are they psychological reactions?

Ahhhh, and before ANYONE here start saying that I am asking to kill the tiger, I am just QUOTING the words of Dr McDougal, that is all, OK? Don't even try to start a debate about this.

I think photographers see the impact of these wild animals far better than we do sitting behind a computer screen. They get to talk with actual witnesses and the people who actually live in these areas. They are able to take the "pulse" of the community. They get to build actual relationships with these animals and see how they are mistreated first hand.

I think the debate is really this.....

What's better for the tiger in the long run?
One individuals right to be a "Tiger" or the protection of Humans which are bringing a financial gain to the countries and in turn will HOPEFULLY bring further protection and land increase to all wild animals.

But my problem is this...
Where do we draw the line?
So any animal that attacks a human that interferes in its territory is to be removed?

Think about the effect,
Tigers, Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Rhinos, Buffalo etc.
Were we to remove all these creatures, where do we put them?
Zoos are already over crowded and mistreat these animals, its a huge problem that will only grow if we continue this way of thinking. Are we to take these protectors, fathers, mothers, Wild Animals, that know nothing else other than to be wild and remove them from their land. In turn, only allow the "human friendly" ones to survive. That by definition is being Domesticated. We are not allowed to pick and choose the traits we see fit in wild animals and dictate who can stay and who can go. We should never try to possess such a power over other living creatures.
Its wrong and will cause chaos and controversy between us.

The heat is on for Ustad, Stronger support. Thank you all.

video courtesy : Pankaj Sharma.

https://www.facebook.com/tigeraj/videos/...=2&theater

There is far more than just "random photographers" standing up for ustad. The former forest minister for one, is a voice speaking against his move. The other people I have mentioned, and many more. He has created a rift between a community, whether that rift is good or bad in the long run, remains to be seen.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Male tiger ustaad T-24 killed forest gaurd in Ranthambore - Pckts - 05-20-2015, 09:38 PM