There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Damn the white male got some serious scars.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-04-2023, 11:04 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I guess we'll never know who bit him, but he'll be wearing that for the rest of his life, for sure.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Guernsy male was seen with Avoca young male :

https://youtube.com/shorts/7f4zKEr-XNg?s...Wl2K6-jdEp
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-05-2023, 09:01 AM by Mapokser )

I'm just now reading the lodge saying in the post of the white lion that his injuries are from fighting one of the remaining River Pride males 1v1.

It seems that even down to 2 they were still able to hold the ground, at least for now.

Edit: or were they talking about the dead River Pride male? This feels unlikely, but if so, somehow, he was a beast for inflicting so much damage while outnumbered by 3 rivals.

BigLion39 Offline

(09-05-2023, 08:59 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Edit: or were they talking about the dead River Pride male? This feels unlikely, but if so, somehow, he was a beast for inflicting so much damage while outnumbered by 3 rivals

He got those scratches/tooth marks from the dead River Pride male, not the 2 remaining.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

239Pu Offline

(09-05-2023, 01:31 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Guernsy male was seen with Avoca young male :

https://youtube.com/shorts/7f4zKEr-XNg?s...Wl2K6-jdEp

is it this Lion? 

3 users Like 239Pu's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-06-2023, 12:09 AM)239Pu Wrote: is it this Lion? 

Yes.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(09-05-2023, 10:45 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 08:59 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Edit: or were they talking about the dead River Pride male? This feels unlikely, but if so, somehow, he was a beast for inflicting so much damage while outnumbered by 3 rivals

He got those scratches/tooth marks from the dead River Pride male, not the 2 remaining.

How do we know that? I ask because in the videos that were shared, of the Birmingham boys being close to him as he was still alive, during the several days it took for him to expire which many of us found puzzling, the White Male did not have those marks. Soon after it was reported that the RP male had passed, and the images/vids that were shared afterwards still showed the white male without that big bite on his face (when we first saw his injuries, they appeared fresh, and appear to me to have been caused from a bite as you could clearly make out the round holes from canines, and their positions lined up for that as well). Then rumors began flowing that they may have clashed with the other 2 RP males, and they said there had been witnesses to the fight. But, we never got any official word on what they saw. Of course, just because pics and vids were released in a certain order doesn't mean that they were made in the same order, so it is definitely possible the injuries came from that first RP male, I am just trying to figure out if some information was posted that I missed.
6 users Like BA0701's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(09-05-2023, 10:45 AM)BigLion39 Wrote:

Seems we are getting conflicting information then from lion followers on different platforms, as I read that he got those marks later, in another clash with the 2 remaining RP Males.  This was after the attack on the one RP Male the B'ham Males caught.
4 users Like Cath2020's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 01:23 PM by BigLion39 Edit Reason: Add info )

I saw that pic posted originally together when the fight with dead RP male. 

I definitely read that supposedly the B'hams fought 2 alive remaining RP males but not sure it was confirmed and im thi kking theres conflicting/not correct info floating around.

But either way I read that post originally with the original post of the fight with dead RP male.

Edit....

Hers the conflicting info....

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

Maybe I'm wrong and its new. If so ill erase my reply above.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Super Moderator

(09-07-2023, 01:25 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Maybe I'm wrong and its new. If so ill erase my reply above.

My friend, there is no reason to erase anything, and I was certainly not being critical of you or your comment, I was merely inquiring in case I had missed something. Our comments are only as good as the info we have received, and in this instance we have been receiving confusing info since it happened. It may well be the injuries were from the 1st RP male, and perhaps we received the pictures out of order. At this point, I'd say your guess is as good as mine. No worries at all.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Limping Monwana:

10 users Like Tr1x24's post