There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-13-2020, 02:55 PM)Potato Wrote: Mapoza

*This image is copyright of its original author

What a gorgeous specimen is the Mapoza male.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Gijima Offline

Avoca Pride in 2019. Do you know who those males are in 1:45 and 1:55? Also seems like they have quite a few cubs. 

2 users Like Gijima's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-14-2020, 05:40 AM)Gijima Wrote: Avoca Pride in 2019. Do you know who those males are in 1:45 and 1:55? Also seems like they have quite a few cubs. 

Black dam male and the Mapoza male.
2 users Like T I N O's post

Gijima Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 08:45 AM by Gijima )

@"TinoArmando" Black Dam Male hung out with Mapoza Male and Avoca Pride last year?
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-14-2020, 08:45 AM)Gijima Wrote: @"TinoArmando" Black Dam Male hung out with Mapoza Male and Avoca Pride last year?

He chassed Mapoza around a bit. They did not have a coalition.
1 user Likes Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-14-2020, 08:45 AM)Gijima Wrote: @"TinoArmando" Black Dam Male hung out with Mapoza Male and Avoca Pride last year?

They had a confrontation as far I remember.
The Black dam male defeated numerous males. Including the 5 Vuyela males, 2 Mbiri males and the Mapoza male.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-14-2020, 07:39 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: They had a confrontation as far I remember.
The Black dam male defeated numerous males. Including the 5 Vuyela males, 2 Mbiri males and the Mapoza male.

As far as I remember it was a stand off between the 2, nobody chased nobody.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-14-2020, 08:41 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 07:39 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: They had a confrontation as far I remember.

As far as I remember it was a stand off between the 2, nobody chased nobody.

RIP Black Dam x

Sad to hear the news about the passing of the Legendary Black Dam Male. Hope this boy rests easy, he’s earned it.

He’s chased off numerous other males from his stretch of the Greater Kruger, including the Mbiris and the Vuyelas. Not even a five-pax coalition could move him. In his stronghold he’s sired several cubs with the Giraffe Pride and more.
Rogan Kerr from Klaserie.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-14-2020, 09:12 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: RIP Black Dam x

Sad to hear the news about the passing of the Legendary Black Dam Male. Hope this boy rests easy, he’s earned it.

He’s chased off numerous other males from his stretch of the Greater Kruger, including the Mbiris and the Vuyelas. Not even a five-pax coalition could move him. In his stronghold he’s sired several cubs with the Giraffe Pride and more.
Rogan Kerr from Klaserie.

I was talking about BDM vs Mapoza,not the others.. nobody chased nobody, it was just a stand off between the BDM and Mapoza as far as I remember..

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"I was talking about BDM vs Mapoza,not the others.. nobody chased nobody, it was just a stand off between the BDM and Mapoza as far as I remember.."

As far as I remember guide report stated that BDM chassed around Mapoza male and that video where they were lying next to each others was taken after that. Kind of similar encounter like it was between Solo and KNP male once, but more onesided. There was no physical confrontation in that, just intimidation. 

"The Black dam male defeated numerous males."

Can't call actually a single one unless we count in that chassing around of Mapoza male. Lone males are just so underpowered in comparison to coalitions.

"5 Vuyela males, 2 Mbiri males"

Neither of those ever happened. Mbiris couple of times ventured into BDM territory, but BDM had no will what so ever to confront them, which was smart move considering he was alone against 2 brutes in their prime. They even give run for their lifes to 2 Ross famels day or two after BDM was seen mating with them and it was in the core of BDM territory. Vuela mave never made any attempt to move against BDM and there wasn't any interactions between them.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-14-2020, 11:24 PM)Potato Wrote: Neither of those ever happened. Mbiris couple of times ventured into BDM territory, but BDM had no will what so ever to confront them, which was smart move considering he was alone against 2 brutes in their prime. They even give run for their lifes to 2 Ross famels day or two after BDM was seen mating with them and it was in the core of BDM territory. Vuela mave never made any attempt to move against BDM and there wasn't any interactions between them.

As far as I remember, there was a report of BDM chasing Mbiris (from a kill i believe) when they where younger..

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Well, That's it's your personal opinion and I respect it. 
I stay behind the words of the rangers who have witness that. Besides,the BDM was bigger and smarter at that times

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"As far as I remember, there was a report of BDM chasing Mbiris (from a kill i believe) when they where younger.."

I never did encounter any such raport. Beside that BDM was siting in Thornybush up to mid 2017. I do not think they could encounter each others ealier than that and from mid 2017 onwards Mbiris were already brutes chassing dominant Mapozas and Ross and lone BDM would be no challange for them whatsoever.

"Well, That's it's your personal opinion and I respect it. "

It is not about opinions, but about facts. What you claimed to happen in reality never happened.

"I stay behind the words of the rangers who have witness that."

Well.... then show any report of BDM chassing either Mbiris or Vuelas. So far those are just your words, not any rangers.

"Besides,the BDM was bigger and smarter at that times"

That he was bigger or not doesn't really matter. Even if he would be much bigger, still he wouldn't stand a chance in 2vs1. Also base on what you claimed he was smarter than Mbiris? 
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 12:12 AM by Tr1x24 )

(12-14-2020, 11:59 PM)Potato Wrote: Well.... then show any report of BDM chassing either Mbiris or Vuelas. So far those are just your words, not any rangers.

Not all that rangers see or witness they report, just saying..

If ranger said that, i dont think he would invented that..

BDM chasing young Mbiris and 5 young Vuyelas is very possible and not some unbelievable feat..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-15-2020, 12:16 AM by T I N O )

(12-14-2020, 11:59 PM)Potato Wrote: "As far as I remember, there was a report of BDM chasing Mbiris (from a kill i believe) when they where younger.."

I never did encounter any such raport. Beside that BDM was siting in Thornybush up to mid 2017. I do not think they could encounter each others ealier than that and from mid 2017 onwards Mbiris were already brutes chassing dominant Mapozas and Ross and lone BDM would be no challange for them whatsoever.

"Well, That's it's your personal opinion and I respect it. "

It is not about opinions, but about facts. What you claimed to happen in reality never happened.

"I stay behind the words of the rangers who have witness that."

Well.... then show any report of BDM chassing either Mbiris or Vuelas. So far those are just your words, not any rangers.

"Besides,the BDM was bigger and smarter at that times"

That he was bigger or not doesn't really matter. Even if he would be much bigger, still he wouldn't stand a chance in 2vs1. Also base on what you claimed he was smarter than Mbiris? 
The word of a ranger is enough.