There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Canada Robot00 Offline

(11-26-2023, 06:02 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: What happened to Dreadlocks now?....

I wondered if his patrolling territory is adjacent to the kambula boys k1, k2 and their partner.
3 users Like Robot00's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-27-2023, 01:57 AM)Robot00 Wrote: I wondered if his patrolling territory is adjacent to the kambula boys k1, k2 and their partner.

No, they are too far away.

There are no other rival coalitions near Nkhulus atm, so i dont think he was caught again, he prob got a beating by his younger partners over females.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Kambula male this morning. One of his partners was also around.
Credit: DLS Safari

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Dreadlocks DeLaporte seen last night on game drive.
Credit: Abeeinjoburg

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Letaba males.
Credit: Bushbaby Sam Photography & Ranger Stu

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Darkmaned Fourways 
Credit: Edward Themba

Attached Files Image(s)

13 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Mayambula male
Credit: Kevin isakow

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Vuku Ngotso male running from 2 males.
Credit: Kevin isakow

Attached Files Image(s)

12 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Sindzisa, the last Skorro male.
"One of the Skorro males who originally come from the Timbavati Game reserve has now found a new ‘home’ in the Klaserie..."
Credit: Leone Wildlife

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

7 Nkhulu males.
Credit: Erin Bair

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

BigLion39 Offline

Wow still all 7 Nkhulus around, they are such a force and will create havoc very soon. Crazy.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

2/3 Imbali/H1-2 males:

Photo credits: David Burton

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Friarfan619 Offline

S8 sons???

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2023, 07:21 AM by Mapokser )

Top 5 biggest males Neil Jennings have seen:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Pretty cool, these seems to be the names that usually pop up. He says he doesn't think PCM are as big as their fathers.

And while comparing males without being side by side is very difficult ( I've seen a photographer claim Blondie & Mohawk were larger than PCM, and a ranger say Mohawk was equal to S8, as well as another ranger saying Nhenha was equal to PCM and just slightly bigger than the larger Ndhzenga, which for me all sseems very wrong ), but I'd be surprised if these males were weighed and the Leeubrons weren't up there fighting for the number 1 spot, though I also see some others up there like Tank & Splitnose Gomondwane, or HB.
6 users Like Mapokser's post

Gavskrr Offline

This topic is always well discussed here, I think it is almost impossible to make a real list of this because they are not close, the point of view of someone who saw them in person is a good point but this is relative, even a robust, well-fed lion can Looking big and small on an empty stomach, body mass and mane can interfere with size perception, even more so without a ruler measuring the exact difference in size in flat places. I respect this list, they are admittedly large males but their difference from others should not be so different.
3 users Like Gavskrr's post