There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-10-2023, 04:35 PM)Zigzag Wrote: Who are neighbouring coalitions to their territory?

Not sure, looks like Madala lost that territory they are expanding towards, maybe even from them.

Towards north i guess 5 southern Swenis should be somewhere, aswell as 3+1 younger Mazithis towards east.

Behind them, Leeupan and H10 are 5 imbalis, in 2 separated groups (3 at Leeupan and 2 on H10).

West of them towards Sabi Sands are 2 Mantimahle sons, and northwest in Mluwati Convession 2 Leeubron males.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Darkmaned Pretoriuskop male who partnered with 2 Eldest Kambula males seen mating at Nyamundwa dam.
Credit: Wildlife echo

Attached Files Image(s)

12 users Like Brahim's post

Zigzag Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

Makhohlola males stompie and HP male on H4-2, 3.2km, N of S28 S near Crocodile Bridge.

Credit:- Jean - Discover Kruger Safaris
10 users Like Zigzag's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2023, 11:10 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-10-2023, 10:49 PM)Zigzag Wrote: Makhohlola males stompie and HP male on H4-2, 3.2km, N of S28 S near Crocodile Bridge.

Good to see Makhohlolas establish themselves north of Gomondwanes territory, although looks like that Vurhami male is aswell gone like Lubyelubye father.

Mohawk/Stompie looks very good despite his age, he should be around 12+ yrs of age, he was already territorial on H5  when his current partner, cheek scar HP male was not even born.

So that might be a problem soon for HP male, as its unknown how many years his partner still has.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-10-2023, 11:00 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: So that might be a problem soon for HP male, as its unknown how many years his partner still has.

Really! I did not know Stompie was that old. Damn, that sucks for young HP male. Stompie looks good for his age then.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Vurhami s28 was seen on the 2nd August looking really good, barely limping and body looked good, I have a video friend sent me of him walking down road. But in that sighting she saw Hp and stompie elsewhere not with him after.
5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

2 of the Makhohlola males couple weeks back on latest sightings around hippo pools area

Attached Files Image(s)

11 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Vurhami s28, screenshot of that sighting I mentioned

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-11-2023, 12:16 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Vurhami s28, screenshot of that sighting I mentioned

Oh thats great, he was not seen with them in very long time, so i concluded he must be gone.

Looks like they split, which is weird as he was partner with Mohawk for 5/6 yrs.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Tamsyn du toit saw s28 Vurhami 2 days ago also I screenshotted the video he was on s130 limping more in this video though. And she saw the other 2 yesterday the pic of the 2 males in road

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Those 4 males on the H1-3 today.
Credit: ZR Photography

Attached Files Image(s)

13 users Like Brahim's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-11-2023, 06:46 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Those 4 males on the H1-3 today.

They've turned into massive beasts. I remember seeing them a few years ago, they were still young, skittish and nomads as well
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The 29 odd km that seperate the H6 from the S90 is a current hive of activity with no less than 14 unique males looking to secure, defend and fight for probably, well in my opinion atleast, what is the most sought after real estate in the central region - Gudzani and its surroundings. 
With the main dam being our pre-planned last stop of the day before heading back to camp, just south of it, a @singita_ vehicle was parked courteously to the side as their high standards demand from them, whilst @damindallas pointed out the direction of this beautiful specimen - in the rain - in all his glory...
S41, south of Gudzani Dam, Satara, Kruger National Park 
Sony A7IV, Sony 200-600mm
Photo credits: Umar Daya

14 users Like T I N O's post

United States widmerk Offline

(08-11-2023, 06:46 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Those 4 males on the H1-3 today.
Goodness, great manes, who are they?
1 user Likes widmerk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-12-2023, 05:17 AM)widmerk Wrote: Goodness, great manes, who are they?

They call them Sweni males (because they where seen near Sweni) , i personally call them Southern Sweni, to not confuse them with 3 Sweni Pride males, who are further north. These 2 parties are unrelated.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post