There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-05-2021, 01:22 PM by Brahim )

Phabeni Male (all 4 together this morning )by Frannie

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

More of Phabeni coalition from today, near Nyamundwa dam :

Photo Credits : tiaan_lurch

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

We found the Biyamithi Lion Pride on a buffalo kill. There was one male with a few females, cubs and one sub-adult male who was lying a little way off. At first it all seemed normal, however when the young male tried to get closer, the whole pride would stand up an confront him. The young male was about 2 years of age, which is about the age when dominant males would push them out of the pride to go out on their own. This is what I would say was starting to happen here. If it was a young male who wasn't part of the pride, the dominant male would have reacted far more aggressively towards him. The fact that there were small cubs in the pride could also explain why the females backed him up in attacking the young male. For young males to be evicted from their natal pride is a common occurrence, as they mature, they start to pose a threat to the dominant males and subsequently get evicted to find a territory of their own. This young male was lucky that his coalition partners were absent and that he didn't launch a full on attack on the youngster. This was a very clear message that his time is finished with the pride and that he needs to go and look for greener pastures.

8 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Great sighting of s28/H4 males, Mohawk/Snip Tail and Vurhami male, on H4-2, Kruger Sightings :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Potato yeah that’s 5th Mpondo you can see the UI On his back legs . The guy told me he took that in December 2020 but 5th died November’s and I asked, are you sure because this guy died last month . And he didn’t respond
2 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mohawk/Snip Tail of the s28/H4 males, i didn't know he had an blue eye:

Photo Credit : Foxy Crocodile Bush Retreat

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tr1x24 yeah his eye went like that recently couple months ago or so
2 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Check this picture you can see it in colour
Credit : Jens juckel

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Psyckoo Offline

(03-01-2021, 08:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: So about Phabeni/S1 males, i gathered few photos of each males for ID's (except Blondie Fourways, we know him) :

Male #1

This guy is the most recognizeble of the 3,very unique, Skybed face structure, also can be recoginzed by a dot/scar on his left cheek/whisker.

Male #2

Male #3

This male is also very recognizable because of his dot/scar on his right cheek/whisker.

Older photo posted by @Brahimlegend of male#1 (behind left) and male #3 (front right) :

@Brahimlegend do you know from when and where are these older photos??

I know that this photo of male #3 at Shitlhave dam is from October 2020 :

Its remarkable how much they grown and developed in only few months.

I did't understand well, Fourways males (Majingilane sons ?) form a coalition with this 3 males ? And you mention just Blondie Fourways, his brother is dead, if i remember he was not see for long time now ?
1 user Likes Psyckoo's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-06-2021, 04:36 PM)Psyckoo Wrote: I did't understand well, Fourways males (Majingilane sons ?) form a coalition with this 3 males ? And you mention just Blondie Fourways, his brother is dead, if i remember he was not see for long time now ?

Yes, only Blondie (althrough he is not Majingilane son, he joined the Fourways pride and 2 Majingilanes sons), other Fourways male Dark Mane is prob dead, as he was seen in late 2019 with leg injury and has not been seen since around that time, only Blondie was seen who then around mid 2020 moved from their territory around Transport Dam northwest near Phabeni Gate, where he was starting to be seen with these 3 young unknown boys in late 2020..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 05:43 PM by Tonpa )

"Witnessed the beginning of the the end to the reign of the Shishangaan male lion presence at SKNP. These "not so small" males were trailing one of the last 2 resident male lions this morning. Even when he roared at them... They still kept coming. These could be the future kings at Singita Lebombo and Sweni in the Kruger National Park"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMEzwW2JOzb/

"While being trailed by two younger male lions, this old male is desperately trying to intimidate them with a roar like no other. We suspect that his brother is possibly dead and he's now on his own and not showing the confidence of old."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMEzcufJ_q-/
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

What’s your guys opinion on who fathered Blondie most logically ?

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tonpa Good find. I recon Xihamham is alive and fine. He never helps his brothers in territorial fights. Countless times his brothers have fought many males and needed his help and he chills with the ladies.
3 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-06-2021, 06:34 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-06-2021, 05:44 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: What’s your guys opinion on who fathered Blondie most logically ?

I think Blondie is 1 of 2 young males with 4 young females who become Torchwood pride in 2012, then in 2013 2 young males disappeared as Matimbas takeover Torchwoods and then at that time 1 joined Fourways..

Now, its known that new Torchwood pride came from the north in Nkorho/Torchwood area, so its speculation that they might be breakeaway of some Nkuhuma gruops, maybe Talamatis, who run away from Matimbas in 2012. (history of Nkuhumas and Talamatis from 2008-2010/11 is quite unknown as far as I know, because they where further north mostly in Manyeleti). 

So if thats the case he is sired either by Dozie or Gijima males..

Althrough he might be some male from Kruger.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-06-2021, 05:52 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @Tonpa Good find. I recon Xihamham is alive and fine. He never helps his brothers in territorial fights. Countless times his brothers have fought many males and needed his help and he chills with the ladies.

I think thats because he is limping, same situation in Nharhu coalition, 2 healthy males mostly do the patroling and fighting.

Also if im not mistaken Grumpy male was in past year or two split from his 2 brothers and only with 1 pride (something like N. Avocas). 

But good to see that this Shishangaan male is still alive.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post