There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 08:30 PM by Brahim )

@Tr1x24 yeah I remember wildlife Huibs I think sent them to me from his October sighting. He also sent me some videos. They Should be on his Instagram now tho. This was also shitlhave dam
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-01-2021, 08:28 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @Tr1x24 yeah I remember wildlife Huibs I think sent them to me from his October sighting. He also sent me some videos. They Should be on his Instagram now tho. This was also shitlhave dam

Thats amazing. 

From this :

*This image is copyright of its original author

To this, in only 2 months :

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Yeah these guys are impressive, and growing fast.
1 user Likes Brahim's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(03-01-2021, 06:17 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 06:08 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @Tr1x24 yeah I see that skybed look your talking about too. Basically you see these two from the video and those pictures before by dreadlion these two look like brothers and closer then the one who is pictured with Blondie most the time, maybe fathered by Nyamundwa males, time fits them best. Whilst the other with Blondie different father maybe.  Either way they look cool already, prime them is going to be something

More pictures of Phabeni/S1 males them from late 2020 :

Photo Credits : African Safari Adventures 

so where are his 4 ways son and 2 talamati male you think these still alive?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-01-2021, 09:18 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-01-2021, 08:54 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: so where are his 4 ways son and 2 talamati male you think these still alive?

No idea, they where around the S1 area where these guys are now, 1 year ago, and then lockdown happened and they haven't been seen since...

Concerne is that last sighting of them was Southern male (Fourways son) seen alone on s65 close to Skukuza (i believe March 2020, just before lockdown), walking stressed and with bite marks on his back.. So they might have been in trouble and something happened to them..

If they are alive, then they moved deeper into Kruger, they would be spotted already if they are around Skukuza and big roads like S1, H3, H1-1, H4-1 etc.. Same goes for Three Tooth and Hildas Rock Male.

Althrough i must admit its quite strange that 5 males disapeared from the same exact area of Kruger (3 Southern males and 2 DeLaportes) thru the year without any trace, especially because of male lions density on S1 and Phabeni area was so low until these new guys came few months ago..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Yeah hopefully they are alive. Even the two mpondos are close to that area also and have not been spotted in some time. But I have not seen any updates from De la Porte lately
2 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-01-2021, 09:27 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Yeah hopefully they are alive. Even the two mpondos are close to that area also and have not been spotted in some time. But I have not seen any updates from De la Porte lately

Yes, this area is quite strange atm:

This must be Mpondos territory now right? East of them are Mantimahles and they are not seen anymore south in Jock area where all their prides there took S. Shishangeni and EBM.. 

As you said, besides Snip Tail Mpondo (who is around the circle i made) i havent heard or seen other 2 healthy Mpondos for ages now.. And why would they give up that territory south so easly? Very strange.. 

We need to have more updates from that area to actually see what is going on there..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Yeah not sure it all went weird when they went to delaporte and then ventured further north stuck around s65 and then I don’t know where they are. I have even asked couple friends to look for them, no luck
3 users Like Brahim's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(03-01-2021, 09:07 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:54 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: so where are his 4 ways son and 2 talamati male you think these still alive?

No idea, they where around the S1 area where these guys are now, 1 year ago, and then lockdown happened and they haven't been seen since...

Concerne is that last sighting of them was Southern male (Fourways son) seen alone on s65 close to Skukuza (i believe March 2020, just before lockdown), walking stressed and with bite marks on his back.. So they might have been in trouble and something happened to them..

If they are alive, then they moved deeper into Kruger, they would be spotted already if they are around Skukuza and big roads like S1, H3, H1-1, H4-1 etc.. Same goes for Three Tooth and Hildas Rock Male.

Althrough i must admit its quite strange that 5 males disapeared from the same exact area of Kruger (3 Southern males and 2 DeLaportes) thru the year without any trace, especially because of male lions density on S1 and Phabeni area was so low until these new guys came few months ago..

hopefully there no foul play by humans
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

Venezuela titose Offline

-Huge tanks Shishangeni males-
The last two Hippos Pools pride males patrolling their territory under the rain
#KNP #S25
By: Toni Schindler

5 users Like titose's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

7 old Gomondwanes .
So here is what happened after that sighting titose posted. Some information from Diressh Parbhoo. “Wow awesome - I remember they pursued and killed this lioness eventually. A few weeks later one of the males was fatally wounded by a buffalo and then not so long ago we saw 6 of them very close to Croc Bridge.
2 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

The war has begun.

*Update*
Photo of 2 Lion stationary
"older lion is badly injured. Seems like they were in a fight"
H4-1, Nkuhlu Picnic Spot
Near Skukuza
5/5
Tinged by Sakkie

Attached Files Image(s)