There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-25-2021, 05:00 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: It seems like he has lost some mane, probably because he is stressed and lonenly after his half-brother’s death
(10-25-2021, 06:06 AM)Timbavati Wrote: It could be the most likely scenario. Young/older males in their nomadic journey tend to lost a lot of mane due many reasons, stress, not-well-feed etc etc, After said that. The Nkuhuma male always had a small-mane with a typically Mohawk of which is fair common in young males. His mane is quite similar to the Birmingham young male. The BYM has lost fair mane recently. From the other hand, his partner, the Torchwood male has a incredible and healthy mane.

He didn't lost any mane, in fact he has more mane now then lately when Styx was still alive:

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Kambula young males at Umkumbe :

Photo Credits : tyron_in_the_boosh

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(10-25-2021, 01:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 05:00 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: It seems like he has lost some mane, probably because he is stressed and lonenly after his half-brother’s death
(10-25-2021, 06:06 AM)Timbavati Wrote: It could be the most likely scenario. Young/older males in their nomadic journey tend to lost a lot of mane due many reasons, stress, not-well-feed etc etc, After said that. The Nkuhuma male always had a small-mane with a typically Mohawk of which is fair common in young males. His mane is quite similar to the Birmingham young male. The BYM has lost fair mane recently. From the other hand, his partner, the Torchwood male has a incredible and healthy mane.

He didn't lost any mane, in fact he has more mane now then lately when Styx was still alive:

Ok thanks for letting me know, i thought he had more mane before.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Nkuhuma male with his young buffalo kill

11 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-27-2021, 07:03 PM by Tr1x24 )

Stare down with Kambula #2 at Umkumbe :

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVhxtTFlohK...=copy_link

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

NK male with Mhangheni female, Big Boy's sister :

Photo Credits : travelartistryafrica

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-27-2021, 07:05 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: NK male with Mhangheni female, Big Boy's sister :

What a great capture! The Nkuhuma male is looking really good.
3 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Nkuchuma male

11 users Like Potato's post

Contributor

(10-27-2021, 07:47 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 07:05 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: NK male with Mhangheni female, Big Boy's sister :

What a great capture! The Nkuhuma male is looking really good.

Yeah, probably because he has a new girlfriend that he is happy with. No longer alone.
2 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Nkuhuma male :

Photo Credits : valerieblanchi

4 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(11-04-2021, 07:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Nkuhuma male :

He is looking really good. His mane is looking good as well. Hopefully. He'll stick with the Mangheni pride,
3 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-04-2021, 07:38 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 07:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Nkuhuma male :

He is looking really good. His mane is looking good as well. Hopefully. He'll stick with the Mangheni pride,

I hope he does not. Single male rather won't be able to provide stability and security to the Mhangeni pride. I would better see PC or N'was to take charge of this pride and raise their generation within that pride.
1 user Likes Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

In my personal opinion, A single male can provide the enough stability and security to a pride. Of course, if the Nkuhuma male had a partner, it could help him more. But, I don't think it's a problem at the moment. Since he has been with the Mangheni for a time now and he is still with them. So, Sounds promising
2 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-04-2021, 08:39 PM)Timbavati Wrote: But, I don't think it's a problem at the moment.
The issue is not if it is a problem at the moment, but if it will be in a peroid of time needed to raise generation of cubs into adulthood so roughly 3 years. Best wishes to the Nkuchuma male, but also best wishes for the Mhangeni pride and I do not think future for Mhangeni pride would be good at all if Nkuchuma male would takeover now. I do not see him raising generation in hat pride at all. Mhangeni pride will be much better off without him.
3 users Like Potato's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-04-2021, 11:31 PM by lionuk )

(11-04-2021, 08:24 PM)Potato Wrote: PC or N'was to take charge of this pride and raise their generation within that pride.
But the problem is I don't think PC males would want to accept OM's cubs since they have killed NK subadult female recently.
3 users Like lionuk's post