There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lion pictures and videos

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

So the last few weeks saw a lot of heavy rain in the Northern parts of Botswana. Traditionally photographers would pack away their cameras in these adverse conditions. I however think photographing in remote Northern Hemisphere regions the last few years has taught me to relish these adverse conditions and to capture the drama and beauty when the going gets tough.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Machaba camp delivered a number of great photo opportunities. Such as the male we sat with the entire afternoon until well into the night. He was so obliging and a fantastic male lion to work with. Thanks to my lighting assistant Shaun Malan whom is actually the camp manager going way beyond the call of duty and providing us with some great lighting for our photographic group.

8 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Hi Everyone I'm back from a few weeks in Botswana.
I'll share some of the pics during the week from both our Machaba and Duba Plains safaris.
Had a great time with some fantastic guests.
Thanks to all the guests that joined me - I look forward to hosting you all again in the bush some time :)

5 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Misty Sunrise.
One more from those amazing Duba Plains lions I just cannot get enough of. I'm back there in just a week or two and cannot wait.
Have a good weekend everyone hope you all enjoyed the lions this week.
More next week - Cheers Wim

Ecology & Rewilding

This time a portrait with some golden African sunset magic.

Ecology & Rewilding

Those golden moments with perfect light, perfect surrounding, and the perfect lion pose.

Aaaaah if everyday at the bush office wasn't this perfect... :)

3 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

I'm back from Japan. Had a great month with huge arctic storms and blizzards in between the fantastic photography.

This week I need a bit of sun and Africa to warm my bones - so lions and golden sunlight it is... :)

Ecology & Rewilding

Ok sorry this is actually a sunset but close enough to fit in with the theme of the week.

Ecology & Rewilding

When you gotta drink...!

This is my last post until mid March - I'm off to host our ODP Safaris to Japan. Have a good one all see you soon. Cheers Wim

Can't wait for our June ODP Safaris to Namibia

7 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Etosha Cats

Lion Play stalk

I can't just have a leopard assume the stalk pose - this time its a playful lion youngster.

Can't wait for our June ODP Safaris to Namibia

Ecology & Rewilding

This week I share some the magnificent cats of Etosha. Some of the best lion specimens I have ever seen and some mind blowing action from both lion and leopard.

Ecology & Rewilding

Lion on a log

We followed these lions slowly moving around the Khwai floodplains. At sunset a few individuals became more playful and what an incredible moment it was when this female jumped up onto this log to sharpen her nails... oh yes, que the spectacular sunset at that precise moment as well.

Ecology & Rewilding

Tag you're on..!

This week I share some of the great images from our 2014 safaris to this mind-blowing destination in the Okavango Delta Botswana. Machaba is a fantastic destination with huge photographic potential..!

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

This is beautiful image where the hunter become hunted. A bull buffalo attacking on a lioness in mud.
Buffalo chasing and attacking lioness
9 users Like sanjay's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Don't mess with me, ever! Kgalagadi male

Pic credits to Rai Landau
10 users Like Tshokwane's post