There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Friarfan619 Online
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2024, 01:22 AM by BA0701 )

Lionhub saying khayna hasn't been seen with nkuhuma for some days in caption

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_Q6U1gSD...ODBiNWFlZA=
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

Friarfan619 Online

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Friarfan619's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2024, 03:59 AM by Mapokser )

@Friarfan619 Addo Boys were brothers with a strong bond, they were challenging and were full of confidence after getting one of the dominant males alone 2v1.

The other one tried to help his brother but he was likely a 4yo ( or maybe even younger ) small lion against a tough black-maned beast and an even larger male pinning his brother down, he tried but he had no chance, the other male was just way stronger. Same happened with 4ways and S.Matimba, one of the 4ways returned to attack HB but was easily chased off and even 1v1 the poor 4ways could do nothing to escape Ginger's grip on him, so HB eventually returned and they finished the job.

But NK is a big, strong prime male with a ton of experience fighting as the underdog, while outnumbered, if he actually tried to save someone in a 2v1 he'd have good chances of achieving that.

The only reason say Tumbela was badly beaten was because he was fighting 2 males alone, if NK were to attack one of the Gijimas and support Tumbela seriously, Tumbela wouldn't end like he did, Gijimas could make them submit and leave, but they wouldn't seriously injured anyone. Same for Nhenha who wouldn't have died if NK had given it his all.

But of course, these clashes are much more complex than "why didn't he help?" NK lacks a strong enough bond to wish to risk himself to save his partner, because he doesn't know if his partner will back him up, nor he has enough confidence to engage these territorial males, he may think "I can stay and fight but will my partner do that as well? Idk, better run than risk getting 2v1d".

When lions have a strong enough bond and confidence, they can stay and fight together, counting on each other to not leave them to die, so even if they are in a disadvantage, they'll likely not die.

It reminds me of one of the Majingilane-Selati clashes when the 4 Selatis got 3 of the Majingilane, because the Majingilane didn't escape leaving one of their brothers to die, they lost the fight but nobody was seriously injured, and they even connected some good blows on 2 of the Selatis.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-30-2024, 12:16 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Lionhub saying khayna hasn't been seen with nkuhuma for some days in caption

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C_Q6U1gSD...ODBiNWFlZA=
Instagram "Reels" do not like to be embedded on our site, so I added the link so others can see the post themselves.
2 users Like BA0701's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

This has to be the most dangerous time now for this family right?  This is going to be at least a year now where every time they are at a kill the risk is high for someone to be caught....  I am so rooting for this girl!!!

10 users Like T_Ferguson's post

KM600 Offline

(08-30-2024, 12:17 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

He changed the caption, after NK supposedly made this kill on his own he was spotted with Khanya in Singita. This isn’t great for Tsalala Pride but PCMs are in the West so they might be able to push them back out if they notice their presence.
3 users Like KM600's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2024, 02:41 AM by Duco Ndona )

I dont think there ever was a scenario where things would have gone a different way.
Nhenha insisted in provoking the PCmales by returning to the Ximhungwes, a pride the PCmales were adding to their list of prides. While with Skorros bad leg, he would have been caught eventually anyway as nomadic lifestyle is pretty rough for an ailing lion. It wasn't much a question of if, but when things would go wrong. At best Nym could have changed is the dates. 

Nym is a true nomad that spends a lot of time moving around looking for opportunities and trying new things. He knows he can fend perfectly for himself and he also knows that forming coalitions are not a guarantee for more success.
So he only sticks around in an area for as long there is anything to gain for him. Otherwise he just leaves. 

A potential partner would have to embrace the same philosophy and should just tag along with Nym wherever he goes without actively competing with him. 
Unfortunately, Nym is a rather rare kind of lion so he is unlikely to find a partner like that.

Though I am not to upset with that.
Lets say he does find enough partners and starts successfully taking over prides. I doubt his lifestyle would make him a reliable pride male. 
He would just start to hop prides. Abandoning each one once the mating is done while avoiding conflict with other lions rather than attacking them to defend his prides.

No, right now, he is probably on his best.
Occasionally sneaking around to mate with local lionesses, but leaving the defending of his cubs to the local pride males.

As for Tsalala. I am not to worried about her. If leopards and cheetahs can raise cubs like that. Surely a lioness can do the same.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2024, 03:37 AM by afortich )

(08-30-2024, 01:51 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: This has to be the most dangerous time now for this family right?  This is going to be at least a year now where every time they are at a kill the risk is high for someone to be caught....  I am so rooting for this girl!!!

I got my hopes on these little fellows rebuilding the Tsalala pride, God bless them. Nice clip!!
4 users Like afortich's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Now it'd be a good time for the PCM to clean the house in Singita and push any threat to the east, but I feel like their entire focus is in the northern portion of the Western Sector with Ximhungwe and from there to their new territory in the North with Nkuhumas.

They have not visited Tsalala for all that's confirmed, and only met Manghenis by chance recently, it'll be tough for the prides if NK/Talamati and/or Kambulas sneak deep into Singita and the West, it can be the doom of Manghenis and Tsalalas.

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2024, 07:20 PM by criollo2mil )

(08-30-2024, 04:13 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Now it'd be a good time for the PCM to clean the house in Singita and push any threat to the east, but I feel like their entire focus is in the northern portion of the Western Sector with Ximhungwe and from there to their new territory in the North with Nkuhumas.

They have not visited Tsalala for all that's confirmed, and only met Manghenis by chance recently, it'll be tough for the prides if NK/Talamati and/or Kambulas sneak deep into Singita and the West, it can be the doom of Manghenis and Tsalalas.

A guide reported One of the PCMs (I am not sure which)  did visit Tsalala and cubs.
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-30-2024, 01:51 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: This has to be the most dangerous time now for this family right?  This is going to be at least a year now where every time they are at a kill the risk is high for someone to be caught....  I am so rooting for this girl!!!

Looks like we may well be witnessing the very first time she has taken them to a kill to feed, judging by the little ones reactions.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

5 users Like NLAL11's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Southern Pride:

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

I wonder where she got those marks.  Those look very fight like.

6 users Like T_Ferguson's post

I am so nervous for this group right now.

7 users Like T_Ferguson's post