There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage

Go131810 Offline

(05-29-2024, 06:58 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: The one and only Mr Mohawk on WildEarth this morning. The old boy's starting to show his age. James said that around this age a lion with Bovine TB will start to age more rapidly than a lion without TB.

James also said it was reported that on the 24th May Mohawk was seen with the Southern Avoca male AND the Nkuhuma male. Not sure how accurate that is but there you go.

*This image is copyright of its original author

This is interesting. Mohawk might have already met with the Southern Avoca. If this is true I wonder why they would have split. I would have had thought them knowing each other and they are nomads they would have stayed around each other. Now Mohawk is not with his sons and he was with the Nukhuma male lion.

Sweden Ttimemarti Offline

I need photos of that for science purposes
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Last S.Avoca killed big buffalo on his own at Umkumbe, old boy still got it:

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(06-01-2024, 06:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Last S.Avoca killed big buffalo on his own at Umkumbe, old boy still got it:

What a champion!
1 user Likes Rabubi's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(06-01-2024, 06:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Last S.Avoca killed big buffalo on his own at Umkumbe, old boy still got it:

Aging but still strong - He's a spectacular hunter!
4 users Like T I N O's post

Spain Ponce Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 10:27 PM by BA0701 )

Southern Avocado. The previous clip was mounted alongside additional clips.

5 users Like Ponce's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Oh Mohawk.... Please be careful.

7 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-08-2024, 12:50 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Oh Mohawk.... Please be careful.

He looks quite alerted.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(06-08-2024, 01:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

He looks quite alerted.

Considering what his older brother the S. Avoca looks like, he looks great.  It's just interesting to see him alone now, and back with his girls.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Friarfan619 Offline

I'm no expert but he looks good to me

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
8 users Like Friarfan619's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(06-08-2024, 05:13 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 01:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

He looks quite alerted.

Considering what his older brother the S. Avoca looks like, he looks great.  It's just interesting to see him alone now, and back with his girls.

how far is he from his sons if he wanted to join them
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(06-10-2024, 12:02 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: I'm no expert but he looks good to me

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

He is in fantastic shape, good on you, Mohawk!
2 users Like BA0701's post

adamstocks16 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 03:44 AM by adamstocks16 )

Mohawk playing with fire, stay safe boy!

Nice update to the thread title btw. Will be good to keep track of the young Nkuhuma males as they attempt to establish themselves in Kruger. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for them.
2 users Like adamstocks16's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Speaking of lineage is everyone given up on dm Jr???

United Kingdom KM600 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-10-2024, 10:05 AM by KM600 )

(06-10-2024, 06:28 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Speaking of lineage is everyone given up on dm Jr???

Pretty sure a few of us still believe it’s possible he’s alive yet we gotta accept it for what it is. Until / unless he turns up, he’s gonna seem to have passed.
6 users Like KM600's post