WildFact
Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers (/topic-modern-weights-and-measurements-on-wild-tigers)

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Jerricson - 10-28-2022

(10-28-2022, 02:57 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:
(10-28-2022, 02:30 PM)Jerricson Wrote: I managed to connect with a researcher who was involved in the monitoring of reintroduced tigers in a TR located in the northwestern landscape. Here's what he told about the body mass of tigers they've collared back in the day:

'Yes, we have weighed all the individual tigers after immobilizing them before putting a radio-collar on them. The weight of the adult male tigers were in between 230 Kg to 250 Kg while the females were in between 160 Kg to 185 Kg 
have u got individual detailed data , asked about this male t113 now st29?
The info I got was regarding the specimens reintroduced during the 2008-2013 period and the researcher too no longer works there. The event you've referred to took place like 2 weeks ago iirc and I don't have any info on that male.

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - abhisingh7 - 10-28-2022

(10-28-2022, 07:23 PM)Jerricson Wrote:
(10-28-2022, 02:30 PM)Jerricson Wrote: I managed to connect with a researcher who was involved in the monitoring of reintroduced tigers in a TR located in the northwestern landscape. Here's what he told about the body mass of tigers they've collared back in the day:

'Yes, we have weighed all the individual tigers after immobilizing them before putting a radio-collar on them. The weight of the adult male tigers were in between 230 Kg to 250 Kg while the females were in between 160 Kg to 185 Kg 
The info I got was regarding the specimens reintroduced during the 2008-2013 period and the researcher too no longer works there. The event you've referred to took place like 2 weeks ago iirc and I don't have any info on that male.
okk, may be they should release the booklet like panna or someone should contact the present vet , i too have heard a very large figure about st21 yuvraj and this male too looks long and heavy .

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Pckts - 10-29-2022

Specimens were from Kanha, Bandhavgarh and Pench.

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - abhisingh7 - 10-29-2022

(10-29-2022, 05:24 PM)Pckts Wrote:

i read at few places sariska got tigers from ranthambhore only . can u provide me more details .

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Pckts - 10-29-2022

(10-29-2022, 07:11 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:
(10-29-2022, 05:24 PM)Pckts Wrote:

i read at few places sariska got tigers from ranthambhore only . can u provide me more details .
Correct, specimens I mentioned were translocated to Panna

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Roflcopters - 10-30-2022

(10-28-2022, 07:38 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:

okk, may be they should release the booklet like panna or someone should contact the present vet , i too have heard a very large figure about st21 yuvraj and this male too looks long and heavy .

Yuvraj/St21 is probably one of the biggest tiger from his region, pretty tall at the shoulders too and has a huge frame. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Yuvraj with St9 (previously known as Bina 1, she weighed 122kg as a 2 year old cub, her sister Bina 2 or St10 from the same litter weighed 133kg). St9 in the present day probably walks around 150kg+ is my best guess. she’s a huge tigress. both the sisters are daughters of T25 aka Dollar male/Zalim and T5/Kachida tigress. they have an interesting story, both the sisters were only 4 months old when their mother T5 (Kachida tigress) died as a result of blocked intestine and to everyone’s surprise. their father (T25/Dollarmale or Zalim) helped raised the cubs and when they turned 2. they were shifted to Sariska. (we shared this in the past, back in ava days). insane, if some of these things weren’t documented. no one would have known. male tigers are probably some of the most underestimated animals in terms of their parenting capabilities and in the last decade. it’s been proven that they help raise the cubs to full maturity whenever given the chance by providing care, protection, spending quality time with their cubs and even sharing their kills to ensure the whole family eats. 

St9/Bina 1

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - abhisingh7 - 10-30-2022

(10-30-2022, 05:40 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:

Yuvraj/St21 is probably one of the biggest tiger from his region, pretty tall at the shoulders too and has a huge frame. 

Yuvraj with St9 (previously known as Bina 1, she weighed 122kg as a 2 year old cub, her sister Bina 2 or St10 from the same litter weighed 133kg). St9 in the present day probably walks around 150kg+ is my best guess. she’s a huge tigress. both the sisters are daughters of T25 aka Dollar male/Zalim and T5/Kachida tigress. they have an interesting story, both the sisters were only 4 months old when their mother T5 (Kachida tigress) died as a result of blocked intestine and to everyone’s surprise. their father (T25/Dollarmale or Zalim) helped raised the cubs and when they turned 2. they were shifted to Sariska. (we shared this in the past, back in ava days). insane, if some of these things weren’t documented. no one would have known. male tigers are probably some of the most underestimated animals in terms of their parenting capabilities and in the last decade. it’s been proven that they help raise the cubs to full maturity whenever given the chance by providing care, protection, spending quality time with their cubs and even sharing their kills to ensure the whole family eats. 

St9/Bina 1

he is around 80 to 100kg heavier than  the tigress .

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - abhisingh7 - 10-30-2022

St9/Bina 1
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/madhya-pradesh-tiger-trapped-in-manit-released-in-satpura/articleshow/94905866.cms , This male T21-421 recently caught at bhopal weighted 230kg . he is released in satpura TR.

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Roflcopters - 10-31-2022

(10-30-2022, 11:50 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:

St9/Bina 1
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/madhya-pradesh-tiger-trapped-in-manit-released-in-satpura/articleshow/94905866.cms , This male T21-421 recently caught at bhopal weighted 230kg . he is released in satpura TR.

good find! @abhisingh7 

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Pckts - 10-31-2022

230kg at only 182cm seems excessive. I’m assuming he was fully gorged at that stage or possibly estimated. Probably should get some clarification if possible.

RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - abhisingh7 - 10-31-2022

(10-31-2022, 06:52 AM)Pckts Wrote: 230kg at only 182cm seems excessive. I’m assuming he was fully gorged at that stage or possibly estimated. Probably should get some clarification if possible.

we can look at its stomach during capture, it didn't ate the bait , yes it was 230kg on scale .

(10-31-2022, 10:57 AM)abhisingh7 Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 06:52 AM)Pckts Wrote: 230kg at only 182cm seems excessive. I’m assuming he was fully gorged at that stage or possibly estimated. Probably should get some clarification if possible.

we can look at its stomach during capture, it didn't ate the bait , yes it was 230kg on scale .

You’re better off not making assumptions especially when the source is TOI.

(10-31-2022, 02:51 PM)Pckts Wrote:

okk bro there are various videos on it , interview of park authorities and there are 10 other newpapapers and some digitial media  too , how u sure i am making assumptions and this is fake ?????????

(10-31-2022, 03:40 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:

okk bro there are various videos on it , interview of park authorities and there are 10 other newpapapers and some digitial media  too , how u sure i am making assumptions and this is fake ?????????

And can you show a single one with the Tigers weight being verified from the person involved?

(10-31-2022, 05:56 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 03:40 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:

And can you show a single one with the Tigers weight being verified from the person involved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcoSrVVnDNE , its on video , weighted 230kg after medical check up . https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/madhya-pradesh-tiger-trapped-in-manit-released-in-satpura/articleshow/94905866.cms , they might release the report in public too .