WildFact
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) (/topic-lions-of-tanzania-serengeti-ngorongoro-and-others)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - BigLion39 - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 04:05 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Would anyone that's familiar with the coalitions in the Serengeti, happen to have any information on this particular group of male lions? They're stated to be the individuals that killed Snyggve and his bother.

I read info on the 7 but don't remember and can't find it anymore. Their name is (if I can remember correctly) 7 Beton Kopjies boys or something to that effect. Sorry, I knew i should have screenshotted the post.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - T_Ferguson - 03-16-2023

(03-16-2023, 04:05 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Would anyone that's familiar with the coalitions in the Serengeti, happen to have any information on this particular group of male lions? They're stated to be the individuals that killed Snyggve and his bother.

I asked on Twitter and was told they are called the Saba Boro Coalition by guides.  Saba Boro means Great Seven in Swahili.  But I don't believe everything I read on the internet.

They have moved into the pride left by Bob and Marley though from what I've seen.  This is them moving in to claim it.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Leo Aslan - 03-18-2023

Homage to Snyggve with footage of his last fight in its entirety: his attempt to defend himself, the battle, the fatal injuries and his heartbreaking last breaths... Rest in Peace

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - fursan syed - 03-18-2023

3 Young Lions brutally Kill one Old Male Lion (Bob Junior) first footage

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - fursan syed - 03-18-2023

Snyggve aka Bob Jr Lion Killed by 3 Male Lions (2nd Footage)

Last Moments and Last Breath of the Lion (Bob jr Lion killed by 3 Lions) Extended version

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Mwk85 - 03-22-2023

Definitely not crazy about the name they (guides) came up with for 1 of the 7, but nevertheless, this is the latest information I've come across on them.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - BA0701 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 05:34 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Definitely not crazy about the name they (guides) came up with for 1 of the 7, but nevertheless, this is the latest information I've come across on them.

Is "Lionlovers" made up of actual guides? I'm not sure guides would give a name like that, names like "Lionlovers" and BK both sound more like a group of adolescents with nothing better to do.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Mwk85 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 05:53 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 05:34 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Definitely not crazy about the name they (guides) came up with for 1 of the 7, but nevertheless, this is the latest information I've come across on them.

Is "Lionlovers" made up of actual guides? I'm not sure guides would give a name like that, names like "Lionlovers" and BK both sound more like a group of adolescents with nothing better to do.

No, the 'Lionlovers' Twitter account is ran by someone from the UK, I believe. We've exchanged numerous information for a while now and nothing has made me believe that he/she is just a kid with nothing better to do. The provided text in the post was directly from the individual (Chabaporini IG) that filmed the encounter between the male lion and female lion. I'm going to add a link to his post if you want to independently verify the text yourself.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - BA0701 - 03-22-2023

(03-22-2023, 06:53 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(03-22-2023, 05:53 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

No, the 'Lionlovers' Twitter account is ran by someone from the UK, I believe. We've exchanged numerous information for a while now and nothing has made me believe that he/she is just a kid with nothing better to do. The provided text in the post was directly from the individual (Chabaporini IG) that filmed the encounter between the male lion and female lion. I'm going to add a link to his post if you want to independently verify the text yourself.

Well I can say I certainly find that surprising, thank you for the clarification, and for clearing that up on LionLovers, that helps a lot. Apologies to LionLovers for my poorly directed comment.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - T_Ferguson - 03-22-2023

More LionLovers... hahaha...   SPEARBOY!!!  This lion is incredible for what he has survived.  Notch blood!

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Mwk85 - 03-23-2023

Two sons and one daughter of the late Snyggve and Tryvvge. 

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - afortich - 03-23-2023

(03-22-2023, 10:03 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: More LionLovers... hahaha...   SPEARBOY!!!  This lion is incredible for what he has survived.  Notch blood!

So glad to see Spearboy ok.

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - Lipstick2 - 03-23-2023

Rest in peace beautiful maned Snyggve! 

He wasn't as lucky as his father C-Boy was with/against his own rival coalition named the 4 'Killers' a decade before...
At least, he didn't suffer a lot, didn't survive and wasn't in agony for days or much more, he has died within hours. And from now, he can roam the "Sky (Namiri) Plains" along with his original brother - who has lost very soon - and also with his very faithful coalition partner in the last years: Tryggve. Who also has fallen by the same cruel coalition, it is assumed. 

Here is a very great photo of a much younger but already very beautiful Snyggve with meaningful looking from his heydays (and probably still with his original brother) in his memory:
Credit: Daniel Rosengren

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others) - BigLion39 - 03-23-2023

Great photo of him as a young boy! Hope we get to see their sons grow up and take some prides too. I bet they will be just as impressive!